Need help/advise: Wat is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterbug

Sep 1, 2007
Why some of the photo that i take have this kind of white dot? and some of it was very clear and fine...?
need advise frm sifu, thank you...

IMG_8322xx.jpg

IMG_8316xx.jpg

IMG_8201xx.jpg

it is changing position.

should be flare from a light source nearby

try removing your filter if you have it on, if not, try to shade your camera from the light source next time

it is changing position.

should be flare from a light source nearby

try removing your filter if you have it on, if not, try to shade your camera from the light source next time

Obviously must be the disco light.. cos the spots are not at the same spot all the time. Ifits the same spot, then must be your lens.. try taking photos out from that place.. i bet you wont see it anymore.. CLose my case...

pls dont think too much... all of them is my colleague... haha.....

dust in the air caught by the flash.

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

then how about this?

Last edited:
should be rain droplets or sea spray from the boat..

the 1st uploaded photo was in a karaoke, so there is totally no disco light, then the colour effect was a colour plastic put infront of the flash light. i never put any filter, my camera is canon IS860.

at 1st i also though was lens problem, but the dot position not at the same place ler....

just dust in the air

Ooo..... Thanks for the explaination.....

Ooo..... Thanks for the explaination.....

Oh ok .. now i see.. But if such thing keep popping out.. I think It is kind of disturbing.. Should not have such an issue too often though .. maybe need to do some checks with the camera... Must be something like dust or droplets between the lens... There must be something.. If as mentioned.. dust in the air.. its ok .. but should not be dust between the air of the lens..

Oh ok .. now i see.. But if such thing keep popping out.. I think It is kind of disturbing.. Should not have such an issue too often though .. maybe need to do some checks with the camera... Must be something like dust or droplets between the lens... There must be something.. If as mentioned.. dust in the air.. its ok .. but should not be dust between the air of the lens..

tat's mean better send the camere for checking lar? coz i think my warranty will be due on this DEC...

tat's mean better send the camere for checking lar? coz i think my warranty will be due on this DEC...
dust or particle floating in the air and caught by your flash, it only happen when you use flash and shoot in the dark b/g.

send your camera for checking has noting to do about it, is external issue.

dust or particle floating in the air and caught by your flash, it only happen when you use flash and shoot in the dark b/g.

send your camera for checking has noting to do about it, is external issue.

Dunno bro... Sure look like he needs to clean his lens. It looks like you got some salt spray or other liquids onto a lens surface. Best to get it checked. I've never had suspended dust caught in flashes look like that. :)

Dunno bro... Sure look like he needs to clean his lens. It looks like you got some salt spray or other liquids onto a lens surface. Best to get it checked. I've never had suspended dust caught in flashes look like that. :)
do you shoot with built in flash or a hotshoe unit? these are rather common when using a built in flash or compact when shooting a dark background.

as you can see the the spots are random, no possible are caused by dust on the lens, and if it is dust on the lens it must be very big.

do you shoot with built in flash or a hotshoe unit? these are rather common when using a built in flash or compact when shooting a dark background.

as you can see the the spots are random, no possible are caused by dust on the lens, and if it is dust on the lens it must be very big.

Hmmm. I've shot with both, and also on my PnS. Never had it look like that! Though it may be different lens characteristics between different makes.

can't really put a finger on it, but it sure looks like some kind of lens flare.

does the orbs appear on all your shots?

try taking some with the light source behind you (no reflective item in the frame)
some with flash and some without

then compare

Status
Not open for further replies.