Need Help/Advice

Ch3Le

Dec 17, 2016
Singapore
Hi all,

I need some help/advise...

I am going to Taiwan for 3.5months to attend an upgrading course.

I want to be able to record the training so at first i was thinking of getting a camcorder to record the training and a camera to take stills shots.

after researching a little online, i saw many articles stating that can get a DSLR or a mirrorless SLR cause they can perform both photo and video taking..

FACTORS
> need to be able to video take. no need super good quality.. Just going to record the training and rewatch it on my own.
> need to be able to take still shots. photos taken will be used for portfolio so quality cannot be too bad
> assuming no budget at the moment..

So i post this question out there for advice.. What should I get? Please advise if they are other things if i should take note of too..

thanks a million in advance

Well, most cameras are able to do this. But do take note of the maximum recording time. Due to regulations, still cameras have a limit of 29min. You will need to start recording again after that. In addition, do check the memory card capacity required for this recording time.

so i should maybe consider mirror slr cause it is compact?

any recommendation?

Mirrorless and DSLR, both are classified as still image cameras and have the same limit for video recording.

is Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II a good choice?

Hi all,

I am going to Taiwan for 3.5months to attend an upgrading course.

I want to be able to record the training so at first i was thinking of getting a camcorder to record the training and a camera to take stills shots

Stick to this idea. 3.5 months is a long time ...

Olympus E-M10 II can meet your requirements, as can most cameras and smartphone cameras, unless you have specific requirements

I took a look at the winners of the Mobile Photography Awards, really impressive, don't think they will look out of place in a portfolio
http://mobilephotoawards.com/portraits-winner-honorable-mentions-6th-annual-mpa/

Last edited: