Need help abt D5000 external commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

controversy

Nov 10, 2009
Hi all.. im curious if there is any third party "commander" smaller then the original ones.
Saw it and it was kinda huge for just a infra-red head on top.. Anybody got any idea if there is a third party ones which is smaller or should i just go for SB900???:think:

are you talking about the SU-800?

i'm not so sure but i don't think there are other alternatives for infra-red commanders...i would recommend the sb-800/900.:)

can try pocket wizard or similar radio controlled/ infra red controlled controllers. Check on ebay or amazon.

Hi all.. im curious if there is any third party "commander" smaller then the original ones.
Saw it and it was kinda huge for just a infra-red head on top.. Anybody got any idea if there is a third party ones which is smaller or should i just go for SB900???:think:
if you are looking for Nikon CLS enable commander for your D5000..

you can only use SB800, SB900, SU800 or a Metz 58 AF-1N

Nikon wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800

they're about the same size, really. I would consider the size difference to be negligible.

Nissin also claims to have CLS commander ability with their Di866 top-of-the-range flash unit.
I think it should work fine, judging from the reviews so far.
I'm waiting till I really need an extra flash, before I splash out on the Nissin.

Status
Not open for further replies.