Need help about Cardboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
Does anyone know where I can get used cardboxes for free...
And any idea if I can 'custom-make' cardboxes to specific dimensions?
Thanks.

open your eyes and u will see and therefore find it.

Below your block ... but you need to wake up before the cleaners and karang guni clears them away.

free wan stalk NTUC loh. when stock come many many. provision shop norm a few oni, cos small outfit.

Where there is free one you have to complete with all the old aunties and uncles who are there to grab them to sell to make some money. Anywhere you can find them especially the biggers one are alot hard. The ones I sometime throw after a shipment arrives at my office is very quickly taken away either by the trash man or the cleaner on my floor or the cleaning aunties that goes around looking. Sometime they fight for them. I don't know what you want them for ....but for them..it is earning money to eat. So just take note and be mindful if you intend to go that route to get free cardboard carton boxes.

YOuwant ot custom made one...that is hard unless you go to a cardboard making company or factory and you can buy raw from them and then make it yourself. To make for you I think they will not do it without charging you. There are not many cardboard makers in SIngapore and usually they all take from the same few players. If you are not making big cardboard boxes then you can go Bras Basah Complex to buy sheets to make it yourself. I go there to buy it to mockup designs I have for my own packging projects.

open your eyes and u will see and therefore find it.
Below your block ... but you need to wake up before the cleaners and karang guni clears them away.

I am not talking about random cardboard boxes...
I want a specific size... +/- 1-2cm ok lah...
And I need 3 of the same size...

free wan stalk NTUC loh. when stock come many many. provision shop norm a few oni, cos small outfit.

So if I go NTUC loading bay, I can get? They have any timing for their stock intake?

Where there is free one you have to complete with all the old aunties and uncles who are there to grab them to sell to make some money. Anywhere you can find them especially the biggers one are alot hard. The ones I sometime throw after a shipment arrives at my office is very quickly taken away either by the trash man or the cleaner on my floor or the cleaning aunties that goes around looking. Sometime they fight for them. I don't know what you want them for ....but for them..it is earning money to eat. So just take note and be mindful if you intend to go that route to get free cardboard carton boxes.

YOuwant ot custom made one...that is hard unless you go to a cardboard making company or factory and you can buy raw from them and then make it yourself. To make for you I think they will not do it without charging you. There are not many cardboard makers in SIngapore and usually they all take from the same few players. If you are not making big cardboard boxes then you can go Bras Basah Complex to buy sheets to make it yourself. I go there to buy it to mockup designs I have for my own packging projects.

I don't mind paying them few dollars for each cardboard if it is the size I want and can get 3 of the same. How much do they sell them for and where do they go to sell? Do these cardboard collectors have any particular hangout? Perhaps if I go to that place, there will be many cardboxes and I can find some of the size that I want?

Any idea how much cardboard makers will charge for making 3 cardboards? U have any contacts or names that I can go to?
Specifically, I want 3 cardboxes of 61(L) x 45 (W) x 44 (H) cm.
Can be 1-2 cm less but cannot be more.
For this size, does bras basah have big enough sheets? :dunno:

Thanks for everyone's input, btw.

Ever tried the post office. They do sell boxes in an array of sizes.

be careful about think to pick up cardboxes from NTUC or ECON minimark, cause they do collecting them, if you ask, they won't allow you to take, so taking cardboxes without asking them is consider steading.

you can ask from some provision stores, asking nicely and you will have one or two boxes.

making cardboxes is not easy, if you are a perfectionist. you need discerp a box to study the layout and dimension, and calculate how big sheet of cardboard you need.

you can buy boxes from SingPost

Postal Products

Postpac Cartons
Corrugated cardboard cartons ideal for packing of bulky items available in 5 sizes:
  • Size 1 (20 x 15 x 10cm) $1.75
  • Size 2 (31 x 25 x 12cm) $2.40
  • Size 3 (40 x 25 x 15cm) $3.40
  • Size 4 (50 x 30 x 20cm) $4.05
  • Size 5 (60 x 40 x 30cm) $6.90

You also can buy boxes from IKEA. and also Mover company.

Postal Products

Postpac Cartons
Corrugated cardboard cartons ideal for packing of bulky items available in 5 sizes:

Thanks for your advice.
Thanks for listing the Singpost box sizes too... I'm looking for 3 cardboxes of approx. 61(L)<textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_QE_1_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="width:500px; height:200px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">

Postal Products

Postpac Cartons

Thanks for your advice.
Thanks for listing the Singpost box sizes too... I'm looking for 3 cardboxes of approx. 61(L) x 45 (W) x 44 (H) cm... so even their largest box is too short is terms of height (30 vs 44).

IKEA I have also checked... don't have the size I want, be it cardboard or plastic. I don't mind plastic boxes too. And IKEA cardboxes are overpriced for the quality...

Mover company is a good idea. I think they are more likely to have larger boxes. I will check them out. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
why don't u try checking yellowpages and CALL the companies to check if they can do it for u? Esp if u got the measurements in mind liao.

why don't u try checking yellowpages and CALL the companies to check if they can do it for u? Esp if u got the measurements in mind liao.

Yup... I will call the movers first to see it they have any cardboxes around that size and how much they gonna sell (I don't think they will sell for very ex since they provide free to clients).
I called up one just now but they are not open on Sunday... So i will not call anymore today and will call them on Monday.
If movers don't have, then I will try to look for those cardboard makers... not sure if I can find such "cold" services...

Yup... I will call the movers first to see it they have any cardboxes around that size and how much they gonna sell (I don't think they will sell for very ex since they provide free to clients).
I called up one just now but they are not open on Sunday... So i will not call anymore today and will call them on Monday.
If movers don't have, then I will try to look for those cardboard makers... not sure if I can find such "cold" services...

then you will have to change your expectations. And get whatever u can.

then you will have to change your expectations. And get whatever u can.

Yahh... I don't need exact... just as close as possible... exact would be best, of course...
I'll also check out the cardboard makers... maybe not to ex to make some... :think:

Just wondering, what do you intend to use the three custom boxes for?

Just wondering, what do you intend to use the three custom boxes for?

Home organisation...
As it has to fit into a certain space and fit into part of something else, that's why the specific size... but as I mentioned, don't need to be exactly the specific size... roughly that size is ok.

Home organisation...
As it has to fit into a certain space and fit into part of something else, that's why the specific size... but as I mentioned, don't need to be exactly the specific size... roughly that size is ok.
if that is the case, why don't you consider getting some plastic storage containers instead?

check out TOYOGO at Lor 8 Toa Payoh

Status
Not open for further replies.