Need Help: 1.7G of pics erased....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin

Jan 18, 2002
SGP
Visit site
Need advise...accidentally remove my logical partition as I was re-installing my OS....there were over 1.7GB of precious pics....I search and found a couple of recover appl on the Internet...

B4 I plunge in to purchase...anybody here has a better solution??

:confused:

Just buy it. Whatever money you spent on the software (if it works) is going to be more than worth it. A friend accidentally erased an entire CF card worth of his holiday images, and since he desperately wanted them, he paid US$29.90 for Photo Rescue.

Warning : DO NOT (I repeat : DO NOT) do anything to the harddisk (like copy files, etc).

Regards
CK

Yeah...not touching the HDD except scanning it with this demo application I have downloaded...could see files with size...but wonder can fully recover or not...it cost US99....:(

Expensive....but data more precious....that's why asking any better alternative????

Originally posted by Paladin
Yeah...not touching the HDD except scanning it with this demo application I have downloaded...could see files with size...but wonder can fully recover or not...it cost US99....:(

Expensive....but data more precious....that's why asking any better alternative????

got....check your PM

P.S. now your PM box full liao

Easy Recovery Professional 6, can get it from *cough* xxxxx *cough*. Install it on another hard disk and use Format Recovery or Raw Recovery.

Post edited by Admin

Need advise...accidentally remove my logical partition as I was re-installing my OS....there were over 1.7GB of precious pics....I search and found a couple of recover appl on the Internet...

B4 I plunge in to purchase...anybody here has a better solution??

:confused:

try restorer2000. I managed to recover 18 gig of lost partition at almost 100% data. I have tried NU, easy recovery and others. All at NO Go except this one. However, this one is a certain for NTFS partition only else I am sorry..

I'm game to try anything...sound desperate right?? My wife gonna kill me as her data for School in there too:(

Anywhere to get restorer2000??

Please keep discussion on software on a strictly LEGAL level - no pirated software or warez postings will be tolerated.

I'm game to try anything...sound desperate right?? My wife gonna kill me as her data for School in there too:(

Anywhere to get restorer2000??

http://www.restorer2000.com/

U can try the demo first see if can recover yours.;)

Originally posted by Darren
Please keep discussion on software on a strictly LEGAL level - no pirated software or warez postings will be tolerated.

Believe the discussion is legal right?....just like asking for direction and advise.....not requesting for a warez site...:)

Believe the discussion is legal right?....just like asking for direction and advise.....not requesting for a warez site...:)
Yup, discussion is okay, but just don't want people to start posting where to download, serials, etc.

Closing the chapter on my disastrous mistake.....

Thankfully, I was able to recover all the files I need. I did purchased a legal copy of a recovery application after the demo version managed to scanned my HDD and find the erased partition.

Would like to extend my thanks to all who has given advise and helped in more ways than other ;)

Defintely will be backing up my pics to my DVD media...;p

Closing the chapter on my disastrous mistake.....

Thankfully, I was able to recover all the files I need. I did purchased a legal copy of a recovery application after the demo version managed to scanned my HDD and find the erased partition.

Would like to extend my thanks to all who has given advise and helped in more ways than other ;)

Defintely will be backing up my pics to my DVD media...;p

congrats...which is the exact software that u used?

I bought restorer2000 instead as Easyrecovery was not able to find my lost partition....All these applications takes a long time to scan my entire HDD though..average time taken for scanning is ard 10hrs....Thanks for the help Wai...appreciate it....

I bought restorer2000 instead as Easyrecovery was not able to find my lost partition....All these applications takes a long time to scan my entire HDD though..average time taken for scanning is ard 10hrs....Thanks for the help Wai...appreciate it....

ok lar 10 hrs..

if i use a more hardcore method, will take me half a day for every 1GB :eek:

that time i try to recover a 5GB partition, took me 3 days!

I thought I was the one who recommend you restorer2000???
:)
never even thanks me personally... :rolleyes:
*joking* anyway, good that u managed to recover it! :p

btw I create this account just to help you...Just Look at my previous post counts.. :bsmilie:

Originally posted by tokrot
I thought I was the one who recommend you restorer2000???
:)
never even thanks me personally... :rolleyes:
*joking* anyway, good that u managed to recover it! :p

btw I create this account just to help you...Just Look at my previous post counts.. :bsmilie:

Oh...I know you pointed me to restorer2000....Wai also recommeded mah....Thanks anyway....all help are appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.