Need Ebay transaction advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

drafting88

Feb 17, 2002
Woodlands
Visit site
I won the auction on 8/10/05 and made payment on 9/10/05.

Since I have still not received the item from the seller, I sent an email to him. I was told that the item was posted on 10/10/05 and to my confirmed address here.

From my previous transactions (about 4) on ebay from sellers in the UK, on average, the items arrived within 10 days and all were uninsured.

This item too was paid without the additional cost of insurance even though the seller provided the service.

1) Is there any other course of action that I can take or should I treat it as a lesson learnt for not insuring the item?
2) How about checking with Singapore Post even though there is no tracking number for the package?

Any advice is appreciated.

TIA.

either he fell ill or got kidnapped by aliens or is simply a con-artist :bsmilie: :cool:

how's his reputation in ebay ? What shipping method is used? Coz my previous item took about 3 wks from UK.

drafting88 said:
I won the auction on 8/10/05 and made payment on 9/10/05.

Since I have still not received the item from the seller, I sent an email to him. I was told that the item was posted on 10/10/05 and to my confirmed address here.

From my previous transactions (about 4) on ebay from sellers in the UK, on average, the items arrived within 10 days and all were uninsured.

This item too was paid without the additional cost of insurance even though the seller provided the service.

1) Is there any other course of action that I can take or should I treat it as a lesson learnt for not insuring the item?
2) How about checking with Singapore Post even though there is no tracking number for the package?

Any advice is appreciated.

TIA.

any links to the sale?

As West_ray suggested, look up the track record of this seller.

If he seems to be a reliable fellow, and he had confirmed that he had sent the item, then wait. I had a small item from Australia that took three months to arrive! (was it sent surface mail?)

if u have made ur payment via bidpay/paypal, if the worst comes to worst, call up ur credit card (that is tied to the online payment service) to tell them that you did not receive the items you bought online. they'll do the necessary investigations.

if payment is done via western union or money orders, it'll be more difficult to reverse the transaction.

maybe u would like to give it a few more days wait and see how the situation develops.

those reputed distributor should be ok and credible, since they have a good name to upkeep, but there is some risk with endusers sellers.

i once bot something from ebay US and it took 2months to receive it.... the long-waiting time sucks but hey, i'm paying the cheapest sea-freight option....typically the cheapest shipping option does not provide any tracking number, tat time i called up SingPost to ask about my parcel and did not help at all.

good luck.

Getting a refund from Paypal is a nightmare. I've been through it. Some items do take a long time to come especially buying from an individual. I've dealt with B&H or some other big camera shops and the good usually arrive between 10 days to 3 weeks. As the others say do check the rating of the seller.

what did you buy? some items get intercepted at the post office. then you have to look at the seller's reliability record. finally, there is always "too bad you sway lah, better luck next time." :)

hope it wasn't a lot of $$

oh and not to forget, the item could have been mis-addressed and being returned. I experienced this last year, even with a tracking number they couldn't find the item AFTER it was returned by SingPost. Finally they sent out a replacement, again your luck may not be so good.

Thanks guys for the response.

The items I bought are actually 2 sets of soccer jerseys for my son. Thankfully, they are not that expensive at about S$24 in total. The seller is reliable with a feedback score of 99.7%.

Shipment is through the Royal Mail Airmail and up to date, the package has still not arrived.

Maybe, like what some of you said, I should continue to wait and pray......

Status
Not open for further replies.