Need comments on dslr offer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleam

Jul 16, 2006
hi guys,

Harvey Norman is offering D50 (which i'll be getting) at $13XX with 1x1GB card + 1x2GB card + tripod + bag + dry box (the lousy one) + DI-123 E book (no idea wats dat).

Do you think its a good deal?
or should i wait for comex??

really in a dilemma..

bleam said:
hi guys,

Harvey Norman is offering D50 (which i'll be getting) at $13XX with 1x1GB card + 1x2GB card + tripod + bag + dry box (the lousy one) + DI-123 E book (no idea wats dat).

really in a dilemma..

Try to squeeze for a 4gig card instead of 1x1GB card + 1x2GB card and ask for a HN 2 year in house warranty so you get total of 3 years warranty.

If manage to get above deal can go for it. Or you might wanna consider $1788 for D70s. Look here

it sounds pretty expensive..
a d50 if i m not wrong should be able to get at around $1050, the 1gb card is free, while the 2gb card is abt $100, tripod should be abt $35, box $35, bag $30, book (should be able to sell in clubsnap at $20)

so total up = 1050 +100 +35 + 35 + 30 + 20 = $1270

if i were u, i would get the deal elsewhere, becos the drybox(u mentioned its lousy) and the free tripod(u will definitely need to upgrade it later on, the one they provide cant provide support for a heavier lens with the D50 body), DI123 book basicaly teach u how a DSLR works, wat is iso, wat is shutter speed etc.. [up to u if u need it]

i would get the D50 at other shop, then bargain for a lower price for a 2gb card and then bargain again at least a 30L drybox(get the digicabi digital version, not the analogue one ~ $97), and then if u already made up ur mind wat tripod legs + head u need, bargain it again... grab all at the same time for more discounts :thumbsup:

bleam said:
hi guys,

really in a dilemma..

IMHO, the tripod is cmi one... ok to start if u cannot afford, but cant really hold up much.

the dry box also cmo one.... confirm is those need to put silica gel, hence dont have also good.

the book i think not necessary. go lib and find more and better books i think.

hence the good stuff would only be left the mem cards and the bag....

i think u should try other shops or wait for comex. maybe there will have more freebies?

Thanks for the comments... maybe should wait for comex

wait for the new nikon camera ba...

Actually it seems a good bargain, take it up.

i wonder wats the price for the new nikon... feeling excited already :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.