Need an advice about a camera bag that I just bought

ph03n1x

Aug 9, 2010
Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I just bought a new Kata DR 467i from TK shop last week (I've been trying to buy from buy & sell here, but no luck).

One of biggest thing that I found after I bring the bag home is the shoulder trap does not cover the laptop compartment like other 467i I seen on web or other shop.

Is this normal?

If you have the bag or know this issue, please kindly advice me, thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I just bought a new Kata DR 467i from TK shop last week (I've been trying to buy from buy & sell here, but no luck).

One of biggest thing that I found after I bring the bag home is the shoulder trap does not cover the laptop compartment like other 467i I seen on web or other shop.

Is this normal?

If you have the bag or know this issue, please kindly advice me, thanks!

Can post a picture and show us ? Don't really understand . If u are saying the straps lining is behind the laptops compartment it's normal

hmm.. the strap lining is on the bag's behind, not like the pictures I've seen on internet or other bag's sample in other shops, their strap lining is on top of the bag, over the laptop compartment. I like the first more, because it will easier to put laptop into the bag if the strap didn't go over the laptop compartment, but I wonder why the bag came with two version of shoulder strap.

Sorry if it still not very clear, I'll try to take a picture of it later when I'm at home.

if really cannot bring back to the shop and see how lor, maybe change or refund.. not sure if TK is so open to it though~! haha..

As you can see here,

1027007.jpg

the shoulder straps is connected over the top of laptop compartment.

Mine is connected just behind it (not over the laptop). It will make me (and thieves) easier to access the laptop.

what make me wondering is why kata make two kind of straps placement for one type of bag?

anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

As you can see here,

Mine is connected just behind it (not over the laptop). It will make me (and thieves) easier to access the laptop.

what make me wondering is why kata make two kind of straps placement for one type of bag?

anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

You might want to send an email to Kata and ask them the reason why they changed the location of the straps.

As you can see here,

1027007.jpg

anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

I think I know what is the problem.

The one in the picture you posted is actually the DR466.

The one in the picture I posted is the DR467i

the first version is the 467. i think they revised the strap position in the 467i. u can see it in the website that the strap position is different.

i don't think anyone can just steal your laptop when u are carrying the bag. they must be really good or u must be really daft.

the first version is the 467. i think they revised the strap position in the 467i. u can see it in the website that the strap position is different.

i don't think anyone can just steal your laptop when u are carrying the bag. they must be really good or u must be really daft.

yup, I do agree with you :bsmilie:
this kind of bag will be okay for use in Singapore, but not too safe for other south east asia country or china..

thanks for all your responses.

this kind of bag will be okay for use in Singapore, but not too safe for other south east asia country or china..

just have to be more careful depending on where u travel to.

laptop weight is significant

really not an issue.

and besides, if you were that obtuse, you would lose your camera too. and i wager most people's camera gear will cost more than their laptops.

i really can't remmeber what version i have, but mine is like ts one

i find the other way of doing it much better, don't have to flip the silly shoulder straps into the air to access laptop.

How much did you pay for it?

How much did you pay for it?

S$118, as the price tag said. Can you bargain at TK? I didn't succeed at bargaining the bag even for a buck. Maybe i must train my bargaining skill first :(

S$118, as the price tag said. Can you bargain at TK? I didn't succeed at bargaining the bag even for a buck. Maybe i must train my bargaining skill first :(

I'm not sure if this is true but i heard prices at TK are fixed. i didn't succeed in getting a discount when i bought my tripod either

its fix. I juz buy mine at TK too.
Its a nice bag and comfortable for me. Considering the price and the quality of it. Its a good price already. :devil:

tk foto gives rather good price upfront, that is why you don't have to bargain the price down.

in the end, if other shop price $160, but eventually give you $120, you think very happy, get $40 discount. :bsmilie: but it's all psychological only

There's no way you can bargain unless you know the shop owner or his family...

tk foto gives rather good price upfront, that is why you don't have to bargain the price down.

in the end, if other shop price $160, but eventually give you $120, you think very happy, get $40 discount. :bsmilie: but it's all psychological only

ya lor, i bought 2 yrs ago at another shop with a lens, purchase with purchase some more still 120, and it was old version DR467.
tk price for bags and tripods not bargainable since it's low liao, but the camera/big purchase items possible i think, just need to quote other shops, sometimes, they can.