Need advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky77

Aug 14, 2008
Hi all, i'm a newbie planing to buy a SLR. Narrowed down to 2, Canon 450D & Sony Alpha 300. Been contemplating which to get. Will be really helpful if i can get some comments & advise regarding these 2 models to help me decide. Thank you all.

This is an age old question from all newbie. It is all about personal preference, so kind of difficult to advise, one old timer will usually sell the brand they are using.
I suggest think long term in such investment.
Go to www.dpreview.com and do a comparison between the 2 or even another brand if you like. You might want to look at Nikon as well, as they are pretty impressive recently and the camera bodies are priced reasonable and packed with functions.
Sorry if I confuse you further.:confused:

Thanks bro! Checked out the web site. Really helpful. Is it true that sony accessories eg. lenses, flash.........are more expensive then other brands?

Thanks bro! Checked out the web site. Really helpful. Is it true that sony accessories eg. lenses, flash.........are more expensive then other brands?

In Singapore? Yes, which is why we order from HK. :)

But be careful... Once you try a Sony Carl Zeiss AF lens, it's hard to accept "other" lenses again.. :bsmilie:

Oh, and the Sony has spot metering, the Canon doesn't; and the Live View on the sony is different from the Canon as well. You can actually focus and track moving objects with the Sony implementation. :)

Ha...ha, I just made a new friend 2 days back when he SMS me and told me that he had bought an Alpha 300. He was contemplating between the Canon 450D and the Alpha 300 as well.

Maybe, you can go to the shops to try out the 2 cams to see which you prefer.

TS..... go to the the Shops and try both in your hand.... would one fits better to you.

Since both camera is just as good in photo capability..... it can be said that one choice is as good as the other. But remember, once you pick a brand..... you are very much stuck to it. And it get worst each time you get a new lens :sweat:

Yippy! Just picked up the Sony Alpha 350 at Comex yesterday. Thanks for all the adivse bros.

In Singapore? Yes, which is why we order from HK. :)

But be careful... Once you try a Sony Carl Zeiss AF lens, it's hard to accept "other" lenses again.. :bsmilie:

Oh, and the Sony has spot metering, the Canon doesn't; and the Live View on the sony is different from the Canon as well. You can actually focus and track moving objects with the Sony implementation. :)

Hihi, even though TS has bought his camera, i find it a need to clarify that the 450D does have spot metering.... refer here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/page2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.