Need Advise (Polariser & Shutter count)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceParadise

Deregistered
Apr 9, 2007
Hi Everyone.... I have a few question in mind.

I hope some expert out there can help me. thanks... :)

I understand that polariser is the most important filter that a photographer must have.

But what is the difference between a expensive polariser and normal ones...

Which brand is recommended??? (hoya...CP...etc)

Is hoya professional? or just basic??

About the shutter count.

I believe that only DSLR have shutter count limitation. Does Prosumers digital cameras like S9500, sony R1, F717...etc have limitation on shutter count?

I personal dun think so. But i hope to understand more.

Lastly i am also curious. Using Tele Lens & Wide Angle Lens will degrade picture quality?

I find quality not as good as normal.

Experts pls comments...

Thanks and appreciated. :) :D

I understand that polariser is the most important filter that a photographer must have.
WRONG! Filters are added to acheive the effects you need. If you don't need the effect, you don't need the filter.

...But what is the difference between a expensive polariser and normal ones...
Branding and quality (colour cast, build, etc...)

...About the shutter count.

I believe that only DSLR have shutter count limitation. Does Prosumers digital cameras like S9500, sony R1, F717...etc have limitation on shutter count?...
It is not limitation. Shutter is a mechanical component with will wear out with use. Prosumer digicam or compact cameras do not have a physical shutter, therefore shutter count is not important.

...Lastly i am also curious. Using Tele Lens & Wide Angle Lens will degrade picture quality?...
Are you refering to those lenses that you add in front of the prosumer and compact cameras? If so, yes... they will usually degrade the image quality.

...Experts pls comments...
I am not an expert.;)

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.