Need advise on StudioLight shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

artfakeme

Mar 6, 2005
Singapore
www.dvineshots.com
Hi all, im looking for a studiolight to do portrait shot (head to toe). Only 1 first because im on a tight budget and am looking into a reliable quality. my budget would be $250 or the max would be $300.

Any one can help?

Astin said:

Hi Astin,
Jus Checking with you.
Do we have to purchase different studio lights for either product shoot or Portrait Shoot (Head to Toe)

THanks
From Novice

richliow said:
Hi Astin,
Jus Checking with you.
Do we have to purchase different studio lights for either product shoot or Portrait Shoot (Head to Toe)

THanks
From Novice
Typically studio lights are measured by "watt", the higher watt are more powerful light, the lower watt are less powerful light. For full length portrait, u would need a higher watt light, my suggestion is 500W, u can also use it for product shoot. But obviously higher watt light are more expensive.
For product shoot u "may" not need a higher watt light, I have seen other ppl use normal room light also can, sometimes when I am lazy I simply use a light tent and a handheld flash also can.

Astin said:
Typically studio lights are measured by "watt", the higher watt are more powerful light, the lower watt are less powerful light. For full length portrait, u would need a higher watt light, my suggestion is 500W, u can also use it for product shoot. But obviously higher watt light are more expensive.
For product shoot u "may" not need a higher watt light, I have seen other ppl use normal room light also can, sometimes when I am lazy I simply use a light tent and a handheld flash also can.

now i am attempting a boomerang.....

Studio light are for the purpose of illuminating an object with the aim of removing undesirable shadows. But they are usually used along with cameras and synchronised. Ie ...one snap, one burst of flash.

so the boomerang goes like this.......
hypothetically, can we buy a constant 500W of light. ie non-flash type.....
and just keep on leaving it perpetually on. without switching off....
will that provide the similar effect as a studio light which flashes light with a power rating of500W ?

richliow said:
hypothetically, can we buy a constant 500W of light. ie non-flash type.....
and just keep on leaving it perpetually on. without switching off....
will that provide the similar effect as a studio light which flashes light with a power rating of500W ?
Yes, u can buy a high wattage light bulb and use it, it will stay continuously on. The only problems are it is very hot, and the colour temperature of the light is different (warmer).

Astin said:
Yes, u can buy a high wattage light bulb and use it, it will stay continuously on. The only problems are it is very hot, and the colour temperature of the light is different (warmer).

Interesting, what is colour temperature?

Astin said:
Ask Kelvin.

Who's KElvin?

Man, this question above is rocket science...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Light quality is measured by the colour temperature, and the unit of measurement is kelvin. Example, sun light is xxxxkelvin, tungstun light is yyyykelvin, yr handheld flashlight is zzzzkelvin.

Astin said:
Light quality is measured by the colour temperature, and the unit of measurement is kelvin. Example, sun light is xxxxkelvin, tungstun light is yyyykelvin, yr handheld flashlight is zzzzkelvin.

thats y must ask Kelvin lor........ :rolleyes:

plsoong said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
HAHAHA so notti Astin

Wah lau, kanna snook by AStin....:bsmilie:

Then I must thank God you never ask me to find CELSIUS. haha

AixisOfJustice said:
how to ask Kelvin when he's dead? ;p

Oh My God,
they killed Kelvin.

Astin said:
I treat u very good already, other ppl I told them to ask Fahrenheit...

liew..... u really bery notti...

one moment ask people to look for Kelvin,

then ask them to look Far and High for Fare"n"height

:rolleyes:

really ewell:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.