Need advise on StudioLight shopping


Status
Not open for further replies.

artfakeme

New Member
Mar 6, 2005
249
0
0
Singapore
www.dvineshots.com
#1
Hi all, im looking for a studiolight to do portrait shot (head to toe). Only 1 first because im on a tight budget and am looking into a reliable quality. my budget would be $250 or the max would be $300.

Any one can help?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#4
richliow said:
Hi Astin,
Jus Checking with you.
Do we have to purchase different studio lights for either product shoot or Portrait Shoot (Head to Toe)

THanks
From Novice
Typically studio lights are measured by "watt", the higher watt are more powerful light, the lower watt are less powerful light. For full length portrait, u would need a higher watt light, my suggestion is 500W, u can also use it for product shoot. But obviously higher watt light are more expensive.
For product shoot u "may" not need a higher watt light, I have seen other ppl use normal room light also can, sometimes when I am lazy I simply use a light tent and a handheld flash also can.
 

richliow

New Member
Jul 9, 2005
612
0
0
#5
Astin said:
Typically studio lights are measured by "watt", the higher watt are more powerful light, the lower watt are less powerful light. For full length portrait, u would need a higher watt light, my suggestion is 500W, u can also use it for product shoot. But obviously higher watt light are more expensive.
For product shoot u "may" not need a higher watt light, I have seen other ppl use normal room light also can, sometimes when I am lazy I simply use a light tent and a handheld flash also can.
now i am attempting a boomerang.....


Studio light are for the purpose of illuminating an object with the aim of removing undesirable shadows. But they are usually used along with cameras and synchronised. Ie ...one snap, one burst of flash.

so the boomerang goes like this.......
hypothetically, can we buy a constant 500W of light. ie non-flash type.....
and just keep on leaving it perpetually on. without switching off....
will that provide the similar effect as a studio light which flashes light with a power rating of500W ?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#6
richliow said:
hypothetically, can we buy a constant 500W of light. ie non-flash type.....
and just keep on leaving it perpetually on. without switching off....
will that provide the similar effect as a studio light which flashes light with a power rating of500W ?
Yes, u can buy a high wattage light bulb and use it, it will stay continuously on. The only problems are it is very hot, and the colour temperature of the light is different (warmer).
 

richliow

New Member
Jul 9, 2005
612
0
0
#7
Astin said:
Yes, u can buy a high wattage light bulb and use it, it will stay continuously on. The only problems are it is very hot, and the colour temperature of the light is different (warmer).
Interesting, what is colour temperature?
 

richliow

New Member
Jul 9, 2005
612
0
0
#9
Astin said:
Ask Kelvin.
Who's KElvin?

Man, this question above is rocket science...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#11
Light quality is measured by the colour temperature, and the unit of measurement is kelvin. Example, sun light is xxxxkelvin, tungstun light is yyyykelvin, yr handheld flashlight is zzzzkelvin.
 

plsoong

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2003
1,563
0
0
Visit site
#12
Astin said:
Light quality is measured by the colour temperature, and the unit of measurement is kelvin. Example, sun light is xxxxkelvin, tungstun light is yyyykelvin, yr handheld flashlight is zzzzkelvin.

thats y must ask Kelvin lor........ :rolleyes:
 

richliow

New Member
Jul 9, 2005
612
0
0
#15
Then I must thank God you never ask me to find CELSIUS. haha
 

plsoong

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2003
1,563
0
0
Visit site
#19
Astin said:
I treat u very good already, other ppl I told them to ask Fahrenheit...

liew..... u really bery notti...

one moment ask people to look for Kelvin,

then ask them to look Far and High for Fare"n"height

:rolleyes:


really ewell:sticktong
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom