Need advise on strobing water

Status
Not open for further replies.

vizuel

Mar 16, 2007
80% Sg
In a situation where there is low ambient light, and using just my strobes.. eg: my SB-600. Does my shutter need to be fast to capture this:

2270316.jpg

As my flash will freeze the water, do my shutter @ 1/200 really count for anything?

Last edited:
no, the flash will freeze moving object,
if you ambient is bright, and able to be record on sensor, it will create freeze and motion effect at the same time.

no, the flash will freeze moving object,
if you ambient is bright, and able to be record on sensor, it will create freeze and motion effect at the same time.

thx for the advice... but I dun wanna record motion so I'll try to do it in the dark. Will 3 X SB-600 be powerful enough?

thx for the advice... but I dun wanna record motion so I'll try to do it in the dark. Will 3 X SB-600 be powerful enough?
you don't have to do in the dark, take a shot without flash, as long you see the image black out, that is good enough.

go and check out the manual of SB600, at what power output the flash duration is shortest, that will be your "shutter speed" to freeze the water.

I do not know how big is your subject and how far away you want to place your flash, how would I know how many flash units you need?

oh okay ty for the advice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.