Need advise on renting condo out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogueville

Apr 23, 2007
Hi guys...i am alittle blur down here. Helping my father rent out whole unit in condo. We found our own tenants faster then our agent did....therefore we hope to do it our own and save the agent fee.

Trouble is i don't really know what i am supposed to do next:

1. I heard i need to do stamping, what's that?Who pays?

2. Is there a standard tenancy agreement that i can copy from or everyone's agreement is unique and different?

3. Are there extra or certain things that i need to take note of or tell the tenants?

4. Will it be wiser to get the agent to do all the documentation for me? Is it wrong of me to disengage him because i found the client on my own and he hasn't been that successful in arranging for viewings for the past month? (because i save quite abit if i do it all by myself, since i'm already almost 1/2 done. Considering i got my own tenants)

Thks bros!

Need serious advice.

Did u or yr father sign any agreement with the agent? Some of these agreement are meant to protect the agent in the case that owner find the tenant themselves.

Hi guys...i am alittle blur down here. Helping my father rent out whole unit in condo. We found our own tenants faster then our agent did....therefore we hope to do it our own and save the agent fee.

Trouble is i don't really know what i am supposed to do next:

1. I heard i need to do stamping, what's that?Who pays?

Tenant pays for it!

2. Is there a standard tenancy agreement that i can copy from or everyone's agreement is unique and different?

Everyone's tenancy is different but the skelton is about the same. Get your lawyer to do it legal fees will be charge to u payable by the tenants! (not all tenants willing to pay)

3. Are there extra or certain things that i need to take note of or tell the tenants?

Do your due deligence check!

4. Will it be wiser to get the agent to do all the documentation for me?

Get your lawyer if dun have pm me i reconmend u!

Is it wrong of me to disengage him because i found the client on my own and he hasn't been that successful in arranging for viewings for the past month? (because i save quite abit if i do it all by myself, since i'm already almost 1/2 done. Considering i got my own tenants)

There is no right and wrong just do whatever u feel u r comfortable with!

Thks bros!

Need serious advice.

Hmm...is this serious enough?:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.