Need Advise on Particle in Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJay

Jul 30, 2005
Singapore
Hi all,

I have a problem with my D50. It seems like all the pic it takes have a particle on the photo. Please see shots below - looks like a worm hanging up there in the middle. I have interchanged lens and the problem still persist. What should I do? Thanks! Your comments/ advise much appreciated!

SALSBERG021.jpg

AMSTERDAM103.jpg

ElJay, it is dust that is on your camera's sensor. Hence, changing the lens will not change/improve the situation. Either you clean it yourself or bring it to NIKON Service Center for a professional cleaning. :)

Just blow it off the sensor using a blower.

take out the lens from the body,
face the mounting opening of the body downward,
use air blower blow into sensor,
of cos before hand you gonna lock the mirror first..

RTFM..

hope its helps.. :)

RockPopCorns said:
take out the lens from the body,
face the mounting opening of the body downward,
use air blower blow into sensor,
of cos before hand you gonna lock the mirror first..

RTFM..

hope its helps.. :)

pals, thanks for all the valuable advise...

but what do you mean by lock the mirror?

hi

confirm the worm is a strain of hair. it happen to me before
see the manual to lock the mirror then use a blower shld solve the problem.

cheers

beware of your blower.....blow on a piece of glass for 10 mins to ensure that there is no dust in the blower then go blow.....mine I did not test and ended up blowing more dust onto the sensor....:(

and PLEASE make ensure you have a full batt ..... if not, u tell me the rest .....;p

AhV said:
and PLEASE make ensure you have a full batt ..... if not, u tell me the rest .....;p

pardon me i dont get it. care to elaborate more? i am a DSLR idiot :cry:

AhV said:

aiyo... pls read your manual page 116 & 117. anyway what he are trying to say if you din use a full battery to mirror up like wat the manual..... if something happens to yout D50......... then tell him...................:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.