Need advise on new camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boontiong

Sep 21, 2005
Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a new camera. The main purpose of the camera is to take day and nite scenery, macro. I pefer a >12X zoom camera which got image stabliser. However i do not know which kinda of stabliser is better, optical or ?? .

There are soem models which i had Canon Powershot SX10 IS,Casio Exilim EX-FH20,Nikon Coolpix P80, Olympus SP-565UZ and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

most zoom lens only 2-3 times, eg 12-24, 18-55.

even super zoom for DSLR is 5 times, 18-200 etc.

so, 12x zoom usually does great compromises, on aperture, image quality (IQ)... ...

and, i find the tele end of these extreme zoom not very useful, the IQ is low, the aperture becomes very slow, hand holding becomes next to impossible.

why not consider a entry level DSLR w kit lens?

Don't forget the sony H50 too.

Go google for reviews, read them, compare them.

I had compared some of the camera using side by side. But cant make up my mind. Hope by Sitex i can get my mind set on one. I am thinking, should i get one that is using AA or lithim batteries, if i am going overseas.

most zoom lens only 2-3 times, eg 12-24, 18-55.

even super zoom for DSLR is 5 times, 18-200 etc.

so, 12x zoom usually does great compromises, on aperture, image quality (IQ)... ...

and, i find the tele end of these extreme zoom not very useful, the IQ is low, the aperture becomes very slow, hand holding becomes next to impossible.

why not consider a entry level DSLR w kit lens?

i am not very good in settng those apeture, ISO etc.

i am not very good in settng those apeture, ISO etc.

u can use a DSLR jus like a point-and-shoot.

jus set to P mode.

actually, after just a few outings, i tink u will start thinking a DSLR is more user friendly than bridge/PnS cameras.

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a new camera. The main purpose of the camera is to take day and nite scenery, macro. I pefer a >12X zoom camera which got image stabliser. However i do not know which kinda of stabliser is better, optical or ?? .

There are soem models which i had Canon Powershot SX10 IS,Casio Exilim EX-FH20,Nikon Coolpix P80, Olympus SP-565UZ and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

www.dpreview.com
www.dcresource.com
www.imaging-resource.com

b4 i brought my DSLR, i was thinking of a semi-pro camera. and did some research on it. Realize that for marco, the panansonic one did a wonderful job. for distance while, the olympus one became a bit hard to focus. as for the nikon P80, it was good for general overall. so it really depend on what u want. why not head down to a camera shop and try on. u also need to feel the camera. :)

;)or buy a entry level DSLR. aperture, iso and all are not hard to learn on Digital unlike film. i am also a newbie in digital but had some experience in film. we can go shooting together!;)

thanks for all the replies.

Right now my choices are Canon Powershot SX10 IS,Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 or Canon Powershot SX1 IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.