Need Advise on len checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw8888

Sep 27, 2007
Hi, I need some advise on len checking.
I have this AFD zoom len. Creating a long and loud "Zig" noise when focusing. Is that mean that the motor is old and need to be replace?

And, how do your check your lens to make sure they are in perfect performance?
Thank for reply.

"lens" is already singular. There is no "len". ;)

Well, best thing to do would be to find someone else who has the same lens and ask if it makes the same noise. Also, this may be a motorless lens, so it's driven by the older screw-drive system, which is noisier.

"lens" is already singular. There is no "len". ;)

LOL! I always wanted to say that to someone, never really got a chance.. haha!

Anyway to TS: maybe you could give us the model of the lens that goes ZIG when it focus. tis might be an inherent problem to that lens.

"lens" is already singular. There is no "len". ;) So now I know my problem is len and not lens.:bsmilie:

Well, best thing to do would be to find someone else who has the same lens and ask if it makes the same noise. Also, this may be a motorless lens, so it's driven by the older screw-drive system, which is noisier.

Thank for the advise, will try that.:)

LOL! I always wanted to say that to someone, never really got a chance.. haha!

Anyway to TS: maybe you could give us the model of the lens that goes ZIG when it focus. tis might be an inherent problem to that lens.

The model is Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF-D.:)

There is no motor in the AF-D 70-210 lens. Possibly the focusing mechanism has some grit or debris internally and is affecting the AF.

There is no motor in the AF-D 70-210 lens. Possibly the focusing mechanism has some grit or debris internally and is affecting the AF.

Thank for reply. Ic ,so there is no motor. The focusing is actually ok. Only thing that puzzle me is the loud focusing sound that make me wonder I should send it for check up. Thank I will call nikon up next week.
:)

Thank for reply. Ic ,so there is no motor. The focusing is actually ok. Only thing that puzzle me is the loud focusing sound that make me wonder I should send it for check up. Thank I will call nikon up next week.
:)

I have the same lens and I tried to turn the AF ring manually, there was some noise at a point or another, but it does not exhibit itself during normal operations.

I think it may only appear if you have turned the AF ring too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.