Need advise on K5

xiaotingtong

Nov 18, 2009
Hi,
I am thinking of upgrading my Kx to K5 before i fly to Japan for holiday this week. Should i get it over here or there?

Thanks alot. So got more excuses to buy now and bring over.:bsmilie:

Hi,
I am thinking of upgrading my Kx to K5 before i fly to Japan for holiday this week. Should i get it over here or there?

Bro,

Check out the price here in singapore first ... and where the pentax is from in singapore ...

If Japan is cheaper and is made in Japan ... then make your decision is not too late.

If after comparing .... japan is more expensive and no international warranty ... then buy in Singapore.

No rush !

But you may want to bring a pentax k5 charged battery to japan .... just in case, you buy there and need to use immediately.

Thks. tot they have international warranty too. Anyway, will probably buy the body in Singapore if not my financial controller will not approved of it when there. Talked to a client and he tried to persuade me to get a Canon if not the nikon d7000 :think:... was about to walk over to Sim lim buy the black K5.

but now thinking shld i get t silver or black...will the silver get scratch easily?

thanks for all the reply.

Thks. tot they have international warranty too. Anyway, will probably buy the body in Singapore if not my financial controller will not approved of it when there. Talked to a client and he tried to persuade me to get a Canon if not the nikon d7000 :think:... was about to walk over to Sim lim buy the black K5.

but now thinking shld i get t silver or black...will the silver get scratch easily?

Just had a friend (Japanese) who is going back this June confirm that the K5 price increased a bit in Japan. Used to be cheaper than here by about $200, now its only $100 cheaper. So might as well get here for less hassle on the warranty as well as support the local distributor.

Just had a friend (Japanese) who is going back this June confirm that the K5 price increased a bit in Japan. Used to be cheaper than here by about $200, now its only $100 cheaper. So might as well get here for less hassle on the warranty as well as support the local distributor.

thanks!

I always felt that a black body camera looks more solid.

Bought black K5 liao...:bsmilie:

$1600. prefer the silver cos grip feels better but bought the black one so can bluff my wife as its similar to Kx. ..but wife drop by my office and ask me to bring something back for her and saw my stuff...die liao...:sweat:

Wah price drop till 1600 ar, must dump my KR liao if like that hahaha

why must dump? :dunno:

K5 and KR are 2 different cameras with different price point.

and since the K5 has been out for some time already, might be better to hold on to your KR and wait for the K3 ;)

and since the K5 has been out for some time already, might be better to hold on to your KR and wait for the K3 ;)

No la now abit tight and jobless :p so cannot spend higher but need to get walkabout lens since got one DA 35mm nia, maybe gonna get a long range 55-300mm not sure anything to pair with it.

What's next when we finally reach K1? :bsmilie:

No la now abit tight and jobless :p so cannot spend higher but need to get walkabout lens since got one DA 35mm nia, maybe gonna get a long range 55-300mm not sure anything to pair with it.

depends on what u wanna shoot and your style i suppose... my copy of the 55-300 has been sitting pretty in my dry cabinet for a long time.

i thought 35mm fits the definition of a "walkabout lens".:)

What's next when we finally reach K1? :bsmilie:

its imponderable. i leave that for hoya / pentax to mull over... :D

but after K, can move on to L and M mah ;)