Need advise on how to improve F1 shots using Nikon D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscw

Apr 20, 2004
Newbie here need advise/help on how to improve F1 shots using Nikon D60, thanks in advance.

picf1.jpg

f1.jpg

couldn't get a clear shot, had to shoot thru the fence
the shot was taken hand held with Nikon lens 55-200mmVR, i did a pre-manual focus to about in front of the "50m" sign & took the pics.
can advise on how to improve the shots? should have used a tripod/monopod? 70-300mmVR lens? use teleconverters?

Last edited:
It's ok. Most people have to shoot through the fence anyway.

Maybe you shouldn't have pre-focused on the "50" sign. Select an AF point, then half press to track the subject. Can use AF-S or AF-C, since personally I don't see the difference.

Once you pre-focused on the "50" sign, only subjects that are of the same distance will be focused. So obviously any car that appears closer or further to you, than the sign, will be out of focus.

No point using TC on a 70-300 VR. Image quality will be degraded and you also will be forced to use smaller apertures. Possibly can't focus on your D60.

Don't worry. Until the next F1 in SG TS can have plenty of time to practise. He can start by standing beside the road and shooting taxis buses and cars and motorcycles driving past.

:D

No point using TC on a 70-300 VR. Image quality will be degraded and you also will be forced to use smaller apertures. Possibly can't focus on your D60.
The answer is fast lens :D

thanks for advise. looks like need to practice more on moving targets.
was kinda paiseh @ the F1, i only using D60 with 55-200mm. people beside me using D3 & BIG lens with monopods :sweat:

no nd shy shy la... i oso gt ppl use 1D Mk III wif L lens.. i only using the cheapese Pentax and a manual focus lens... my pics turned out okay one lor.. its juz practice la... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.