Need advise on getting DC


Status
Not open for further replies.

damienloh

New Member
Oct 17, 2005
59
0
0
#1
Dear all, I am quite loss on choosing a new digital camera. I read the spec at wwww.dpreview.com but all look quite the same to me.

I will use this DC when travel, prefer a compact size and uses SD/ CF. I don't need a high megapixel one as I normally shoot at 1MP and store the photos on computer. I will use the scene modes as my knowledge on DC is limited.

1 friend advise Lumix FX9 but it's quite expensive at $700. But the image stabilizer will be very useful as hand shake cause many blurry shoot. Is there any other models below $700 that I should consider?

Is Canon A410 good? Thank you!
 

Jan 6, 2006
109
0
0
#2
damienloh said:
Dear all, I am quite loss on choosing a new digital camera. I read the spec at wwww.dpreview.com but all look quite the same to me.

I will use this DC when travel, prefer a compact size and uses SD/ CF. I don't need a high megapixel one as I normally shoot at 1MP and store the photos on computer. I will use the scene modes as my knowledge on DC is limited.

1 friend advise Lumix FX9 but it's quite expensive at $700. But the image stabilizer will be very useful as hand shake cause many blurry shoot. Is there any other models below $700 that I should consider?

Is Canon A410 good? Thank you!
canon A series aint bad.

Get a ixus if you looking for nice pic with a small form factor.
Canon's good in P&S.

I'm not a canon user though..
 

joey91

New Member
Jan 1, 2006
830
0
0
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
#3
choose the dc which use SD, cos smaller n easy to care...
last time my fren buy canon A85 n use CF,maybe we r new in camera, the she spoil 1 card reader... cos the CF connection easy broke...
just my own opinion...:embrass:
 

hongjone

New Member
Jan 6, 2006
1,272
0
0
Singapore
#5
FirstDecember said:
canon A series aint bad.

Get a ixus if you looking for nice pic with a small form factor.
Canon's good in P&S.

I'm not a canon user though..
Yup! Get an IXUS 55 for the small form factor. :)
Very small, compact, and convenient... It's using SD card. :bsmilie:
 

damienloh

New Member
Oct 17, 2005
59
0
0
#7
Look like a lot of you are Canon supporters :)
Will check it out but Fuji uses xD card is a minus points.
Thanks.
 

SEXiao

Deregistered
Feb 3, 2006
246
0
0
AMK
#8
damienloh said:
Dear all, I am quite loss on choosing a new digital camera. I read the spec at wwww.dpreview.com but all look quite the same to me.

I will use this DC when travel, prefer a compact size and uses SD/ CF. I don't need a high megapixel one as I normally shoot at 1MP and store the photos on computer. I will use the scene modes as my knowledge on DC is limited.

1 friend advise Lumix FX9 but it's quite expensive at $700. But the image stabilizer will be very useful as hand shake cause many blurry shoot. Is there any other models below $700 that I should consider?

Is Canon A410 good? Thank you!
yo bro, just came back from M S, they quoted me FX9 at S$610 (incl GST)... so can go BBB.... I also considering this camera too...
 

damienloh

New Member
Oct 17, 2005
59
0
0
#9
This afternoon tested Canon ixus iZoom. Overall form factor is sleek, compact and light. Startup is fast. LCD is small but won't consume too much battery power. Despite no image stabilizer on the spec, the image turn out well on the LCD but need to confirm on a monitor screen or printout. Not sure due to display set, need to press hard on the button to take a snapshoot. Optical zoom at 2.4x is too little? Canon offer now at $599 and I will consider this model.

Camparing, Lumix FX9 is bulkier and big LCD will consume a lot more battery power?
 

n0d3

New Member
Feb 3, 2003
1,511
0
0
#10
Get the Fujifilm F11, fast start up, nice LCD screen and movies. Lasts for 600+ shots on one battery.
 

Zaknafein

New Member
Oct 29, 2005
1,526
0
0
my room
www.flickr.com
#11
if the shutter need to press hard, i think it might be a problem cos when u press hard to take picture, might shake camera. unless u use timer

better check out other izoom before u decide :)
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,002
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
#12
damienloh said:
Dear all, I am quite loss on choosing a new digital camera. I read the spec at wwww.dpreview.com but all look quite the same to me.

I will use this DC when travel, prefer a compact size and uses SD/ CF. I don't need a high megapixel one as I normally shoot at 1MP and store the photos on computer. I will use the scene modes as my knowledge on DC is limited.

1 friend advise Lumix FX9 but it's quite expensive at $700. But the image stabilizer will be very useful as hand shake cause many blurry shoot. Is there any other models below $700 that I should consider?

Is Canon A410 good? Thank you!
Image stabilizers can be useful in some conditions but it can never beat cameras that are shot mounted on tripods. Canon's A series are not bad i must say so it's recommended. Sony's image quality are also very gd but it only uses MS.
 

DT_

New Member
Nov 4, 2005
883
0
0
#13
get sony ericsson 750i 2mp and u can call your galfrds with it...
 

damienloh

New Member
Oct 17, 2005
59
0
0
#15
Fujifilm's F11 is overbudget and using only xD card :(
Now considering Canon, Nikon and Casio using SD card.
 

wrx_sti_22b

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2005
4,968
2
38
42
Compassvale Lane
#17
Get one with SD card better. Furthermore, now got highest speed SD card of 150X, tat read at 22.9MB/sec & write at 15.5MB/sec. Up to 2gb capacity...
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,002
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
#18
wrx_sti_22b said:
Get one with SD card better. Furthermore, now got highest speed SD card of 150X, tat read at 22.9MB/sec & write at 15.5MB/sec. Up to 2gb capacity...
Whoa, 150X is a lot! So far i've only seen up to 100X hehe
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom