Need advise on food shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer76

Apr 21, 2002
West
Hi bros.. got a lobang for a food shoot.. any advise? lightings? lens? thanks so much

Jer76 said:
Hi bros.. got a lobang for a food shoot.. any advise? lightings? lens? thanks so much

What system are you using? digital or film.depending on what you want, close ups? or food with the surounding enviroment in?usually me use two lights.they are set to 2 stops difference.so you get some shadows on the side.looks more natural.if very close-up, remember to check the depth of field.you might want to concentrate on certain parts of the food so try some shots with shallow depth.

In addition, you might want to source for some nice backgrounds. Def. helps in presenting the food.

dun overcooked the food,veggies especially.u might wanna try a PL filter if u got enuff GN for ur desired f-stops.

kex said:
dun overcooked the food,veggies especially.u might wanna try a PL filter if u got enuff GN for ur desired f-stops.

Yah, food like fish head curry.try to get the eyes sharp.make sure it does not drop off. :bsmilie:

andylee said:
What system are you using? digital or film.depending on what you want, close ups? or food with the surounding enviroment in?usually me use two lights.they are set to 2 stops difference.so you get some shadows on the side.looks more natural.if very close-up, remember to check the depth of field.you might want to concentrate on certain parts of the food so try some shots with shallow depth.

hi bro me using film.. customer wants only film.. tokking abt very close ups with shallow depth, do u need a macro lens or the 50 f1.8 will do? one more thing how do you get the effect of steam rising up from the cooked dish? use black background n slow shutter?

Jer76 said:
hi bro me using film.. customer wants only film.. tokking abt very close ups with shallow depth, do u need a macro lens or the 50 f1.8 will do? one more thing how do you get the effect of steam rising up from the cooked dish? use black background n slow shutter?

normal lens or macro also can lah.Yes slow shutter.the minumun distance of the 50mm lens is 0.45cm.well, bring your full battle order lah, you may never know when you need them. ;)

tried some test shots today n noticed that i can't go real close up.. will those hoya 4+ close ups help? or do i haf to spend $$ on a macro lens?

Jer76 said:
tried some test shots today n noticed that i can't go real close up.. will those hoya 4+ close ups help? or do i haf to spend $$ on a macro lens?

You can get those third party macro lens such as sigma or tamron if you are on budget. They should serve you well. Can consider it as an investment for your future shoots.

Another alternative would be to get extension tube. :)

Sigma 70-300 APO Macro f4/5.6 .. How close can this go? if it can go real close up i'll haf to rush down to mscolor liao..

This lens has a pretty attractive focal range and price. When these two things occur at the same time, it is best to go check for review for its sharpness, etc. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.