Need advise on dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Sep 5, 2006
Singapore
what kind of dry cabinet should i look for....

there are those normal ones and those electronic ones. which should i go for?

i do not foresee me owning more then 4 lens [including] my kit lens :D i need to purchase it sooner or later... :D

what kind of dry cabinet should i look for....

there are those normal ones and those electronic ones. which should i go for?

i do not foresee me owning more then 4 lens [including] my kit lens :D i need to purchase it sooner or later... :D

Get the electronic cabinet that comes with a temp and humidity indicator. It wouldn't cost you much on your electrical bill. Try not to get one that is too small or you will have to change it again when your lens collection increases .... :)

Totally agree with Artosoft. I juz upgraded to a Digi Cab HD-80 for less then $170 icluding free delivery. You may want to consider the 60-L model for about $120. I strongly discourage the 30L models as you'll soon run out of space (especially if you have a DSLR).

Try their website http://www.digihub.com.sg.

Cheers

Kelvin

Digi Cabi is good :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

hmm wats the difference between a anlog and digtal control one??

^ very noob question right? lol

hmm wats the difference between a anlog and digtal control one??

^ very noob question right? lol
you mean difference between analog and digital humidity display?

Analog doesn't need battery. Digital need battery. Both serve same purpose, to tell humidity inside the dry cab.

Most of (IIRC since 4-5 years back) dry cab using peltier/thermocouple technology as de-humidifier unit to move humidity inside to outside.

There are pro series and normal series. Pro series let you set the humidity level, and it will adjust humidity accordingly. Normal series usually have one knob inside to set the de-humidifier power. You need to fine tune the knob to get your desire humidity level.

Regards,
Arto.

One is knob controlled the other is LCD display with buttons to shift the humidity level. Sorry i dunno how to put them in words.

hmmm whats the usual setting for this kind of dry cabi??? i mailed the digihub, will wait for response i guess :D

hmmm whats the usual setting for this kind of dry cabi??? i mailed the digihub, will wait for response i guess :D
Read the manual come with the dry cab. Also, reading digi-cabi website also helpful.

It is 40-50%RH recommended for photography gear. Below RH recommendation (too dry), another problem with leather and mechanical on camera and lenses may occur. Above RH recommendation, no use.

Regards,
Arto.

hmmm i think i like the DHC-40 or DHC-60 from digihub... looks good enough for me :D :D

but i dun know which is better.... lol since the most number of lens i intend to own is like 4 not exceeding 5.... lol

any ideas?

hmmm i think i like the DHC-40 or DHC-60 from digihub... looks good enough for me :D :D

but i dun know which is better.... lol since the most number of lens i intend to own is like 4 not exceeding 5.... lol

any ideas?
DHC is pro series one. If you are not often open your dry cab, you may want to save by buying normal one. Go for the biggest you can afford (and space constrain in your place allowed). You can keep not only photography gears on dry cab. You can keep your precious CD/DVD, old 35mm film, etc... (sometime I keep money on it since it have a lock :bsmilie: ).

Both pro and normal series served its purpose to prevent or delay fungus growth.

Just my thought, it is you to decide.

Regards,
Arto.

ah i see can recomend me some models? i dun need a biog one two to three shelves is more then enough as i intend to store the camera and the lens... :D

Hi Bro,

the Digihub ones for the 60L or 80L should serve you well. The smaller 30L models are really small. Be warned though that the 80L is quite big with 3 shelves. Take advantage of the current offer from Digihub on the available models on offer. I juz got mine last week. Offer included high density sponge for the storage of lenses (curved to help hold the lenses) and the blue mats to prevent your equipment from direct contact onto the tray.

Check out http://www.digihub.com.sg/Promotions.aspx for further details.

You might also want to read my post on this subject (http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=234269)

Disclaimer: I do not work for Digihub :bsmilie:.

Cheers

Kelvin

ah i see can recomend me some models? i dun need a biog one two to three shelves is more then enough as i intend to store the camera and the lens... :D

ordered one today :D will be delivered tomorrow.... lol i went for the dhc series... dunnoe lehz.... i feel more comfortable with that *dies*

Good choice bro. What capacity did you order? I presume the 60L or did you go for the 100L :sweatsm:?

Cheers

Kelvin

ordered one today :D will be delivered tomorrow.... lol i went for the dhc series... dunnoe lehz.... i feel more comfortable with that *dies*

40L one... somehow i dun intend to have much lens in there... lol

should correct u and say i am a female yes? lol

shoudl have told us which r the 4 lens u wanted to own.
there r some things u need to note when they bring to ur hse.

check the backlight of the LCD screen.the new version will only light up when the dehumidifier is in operation.the old version will light up 24/7.my 80L was replaced with the old ver.

look @ the rubber seal inside of the door on the lock.
my 40L's seal was damaged.
n remember to let it run for 24hr before u put ur stuff in.
n montitor after u have place ur stuff.
for a 40L,it should not take too long to get ur RH settings.

Just curious, 40L got no free delivery rite? How much do they charge?

shoudl have told us which r the 4 lens u wanted to own.
there r some things u need to note when they bring to ur hse.

check the backlight of the LCD screen.the new version will only light up when the dehumidifier is in operation.the old version will light up 24/7.my 80L was replaced with the old ver.

look @ the rubber seal inside of the door on the lock.
my 40L's seal was damaged.
n remember to let it run for 24hr before u put ur stuff in.
n montitor after u have place ur stuff.
for a 40L,it should not take too long to get ur RH settings.

will take note of the information providied :D

juz to check so that means let run for 24hrz then check if the rH reading is like 40 - 60%?

well i own a tamron and a tokina macro lens + the 400D kit lens.... at this moment anywayz.... intending to well get 2 more [yes only two more... i hope... lol]

thanx for the heads up :D

Just curious, 40L got no free delivery rite? How much do they charge?

40L for the DHC got free deliver , but the more basic one dun have free delivery, have to self pickup... :(

I also planning to get one for my equipment. But after seeing so many models and 4 different series, i blur liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.