Need Advise on Birthday Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolitz

Mar 23, 2004
Manila
flickr.com
Any tips for me? this is my first time to cover a birhtday party of a 1 year old baby boy. I need to know the important things i need shoot and the things i should not miss....

Any suggestions will be much appreciated thanks. :)

simple .... he wont be able to tell you personally ...but we bet he wants you to know .."dun FLASH me too much" ...IMHO, flashes are not too 'friendly' to the eyes during infancy :bsmilie:

If you ve a prime, that should do the trick...capture ambient lighting ;p

Relax...just enjoy yourself !

just eat the cake

damn it! just shoot. next year, when you shoot his 2 year old party, you will be that much better. Sometime, I really cannot understand, all the advise solicitated and given, can the photographer remembers them and executes them correctly???

The best advise is shoot, shoot and shoot. With digital, who cares, right? Then bound to be a few good ones!!!

Just had a birthday party flashing a yr old kid too ... ;)

http://www.pbase.com/tokrot/30_jul_2005

There are many better ones with the adults but they refused me to put their faces on the site.. :bsmilie:

paid one hah, so bring extra batteries, cf card etc, you will need it.

like deadpoet say, juz shoot all the way.

may encounter parent bring alot of kids to take group photo, so becarefull. also, while the birthday kids take present, also shoot, or though he or she don't know what happen, juz shoot.

alot of guest will try to play with the birthday kid, juz concentrate on their xpression.

where is the place? hotel then careful, set iso to 800, b safe. if normal home like pte house, then iso 400 can liao, then bounce the flash all the way. then cut cake please be fast, cos the small kid may not can't smile that long.

shoot:
the venue,
the cake,
the presents,
the birthday boy,
with daddy,
with mummy,
wtih daddy and mummy,
wtih the guests,

btw, daddy and mummy never get bore to see many candid shots of thier baby..... so shoot many candid.

If its in the afternoon, try to play with the available light (eg. take the shot of the baby near a window). Nothing beats natural lighting.

For the rest, use bounce flash. Direct flash is just too harsh. You may get sharp images, but that's not really the point in capturing the mood and the essence of the moment.

Capture smiles, side profiles, close-ups, laughing parents, etc.

What the hell....shoot shoot shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.