Need Advise On Battery In Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Ow

Nov 11, 2005
Singapore
I am going Beijing this weekend and I would like to know how long can one charge last me in 0 to -8 degree environmnet. I am bring along 3 batteries for the trip, will it able to last me 1 day of shooting before recharging?

I would also need advise whether I need to put warmer in the camera bag or just cover it with my jacket to keep it warm.

Thanks a million. :D

This has been asked quite a few times, do a search. The thing is just keep the other 2 batteries warm and alternate between the three. Getting a warmer would be a plus.

bring more batteries

put in pocket use your body heat to maintain its temperature when not in use

I normally get more than 700 shots in 1 charge in local climate.

Becos I happened to see my friend's camera need to warm up after taking every single shot. I hope that doesn't happen. I am also bring another backup camera with me just in case.

I just got back from 0-10deg temperatures in Milan / Venice.
When not in use, keep the camera inside your jacket's pocket or else close to your body to keep it warm. This helps.

Keltzar said:
I just got back from 0-10deg temperatures in Milan / Venice.
When not in use, keep the camera inside your jacket's pocket or else close to your body to keep it warm. This helps.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

I bought some expired hot packs from a friend and placed one with my spare batts in my vest when I went for a trip to China few weeks back. AA batts could last 1.5-2 days without charging

Status
Not open for further replies.