need advise from pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaffey

Mar 21, 2009
East
29217_388133669530_599334530_402854.jpg

Hi all, recently went to botanic for a potrait shoot and heres the result,

Can anyone tell me in what way should i improve?
Is the pic ok? any parts should i improve?

I am not a pro, but I don't like top to bottom pose

Not that I'm a portrait expert, but as far as everything concerning conventional and formal portraits go ... I think you've broken just about every 'rule' there is. :bsmilie:

Without getting into a long debate about what constitutes a 'portrait' or some foggy arty farty 'artistic license' thingie, Google 'How to take good portraits' or the 'basics of portrait photography'.

Also look up 'how to pose a model'. Understanding angles and anatomy will help greatly.

Youtube also has some great videos with similar topic headers.

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Not that I'm a portrait expert, but as far as everything concerning conventional and formal portraits go ... I think you've broken just about every 'rule' there is. :bsmilie:

Without getting into a long debate about what constitutes a 'portrait' or some foggy arty farty 'artistic license' thingie, Google 'How to take good portraits' or the 'basics of portrait photography'.

Also look up 'how to pose a model'. Understanding angles and anatomy will help greatly.

Youtube also has some great videos with similar topic headers.

CHEERS!

Thanks for the comment, as im new so i need the views from the pros here...;)

Seriously, go and Google or youtube. LOTS of great articles, tips and hints there!

Not that say don't want to help you, but no point copying everything there and pasting here.

Also, looking at the videos can help greatly as there is direct visual reference. ;)

Take it slow and stick with the BASICS first. :)

Seriously, go and Google or youtube. LOTS of great articles, tips and hints there!

Not that say don't want to help you, but no point copying everything there and pasting here.

Also, looking at the videos can help greatly as there is direct visual reference. ;)

Take it slow and stick with the BASICS first. :)

Noted bro, took your advise and i actually reading one, im not taking your word as offensive, but taking it so that i can improve...;) thats what this forum is about anyway..good for us as newbies

there is no hard and fast rule.

As long the picture come out the way you imagined it would, congratulations. If not. then practice more.

why not look at many many portrait shots (eg. fashion magazines, on the web, etc) and ask yourself why you think some are good (ie you like them) and some are not?

No pro here.. Think the lighting and the short focal length u are shooting at this close, makes the subject look less flattering and her les pose looks wierd..

Like wad the seniors had mentioned in the ealrier posts, do some read up, there
s tons of useful articles in the WWW ( i m doing that every nw and then to try to improve as well) :)

29217_388133669530_599334530_402854.jpg

Hi all, recently went to botanic for a potrait shoot and heres the result,

Can anyone tell me in what way should i improve?
Is the pic ok? any parts should i improve?

Simple quick take,

top down shot with wide angle makes the head big and the body small = looks odd

bottom right hand side cropped off the feet = not advisable

PS overly done = hair mearged into one black mass, green grass looks too fake

Pose is subjective to personal taste but here IMO, looks odd

Just my 2 cts.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.