Need advise from Epson R210 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

funksoulava

Oct 21, 2002
Visit site
Those of you who own the Epson R210, please advise the following;

1. Does the package come with USB cable (I read from one of the threads that it doesn't)
2. If not, how much will one cost?
3. Apart from the ink cartridges, what paper comes with the package? (So that I can buy what I need at the same time if it's not included)

Thanks for your time.

funksoulava said:
Those of you who own the Epson R210, please advise the following;

1. Does the package come with USB cable (I read from one of the threads that it doesn't)
2. If not, how much will one cost?
3. Apart from the ink cartridges, what paper comes with the package? (So that I can buy what I need at the same time if it's not included)

Thanks for your time.

(1) The original package doesn't come with the USB cable. It's up to the shop to give you a free one.
(2) 1.5m pair should be $3-5?
(3) 3 sample pieces of 4R Glossy

AJ23 said:
(1) The original package doesn't come with the USB cable. It's up to the shop to give you a free one.

Thanks dude. Looks like I'll need to buy some A4 sized paper. I heard Ruby's IIford A4 paper not too bad. Any reccomendations for 4R paper? Price? Also, should I stick with using original Ink Cartridges or is there a cheaper (but reliable) alternative?

Thanks for your time.

funksoulava said:
Thanks dude. Looks like I'll need to buy some A4 sized paper. I heard Ruby's IIford A4 paper not too bad. Any reccomendations for 4R paper? Price? Also, should I stick with using original Ink Cartridges or is there a cheaper (but reliable) alternative?

Thanks for your time.

For 4R paper, I would think that Espon's is quite good. :) A pack of 30 is less than $8? Or wait till Comex at the end of the month, there might be some promotion.

The original ink for R210 is about $17-$18 per cartridge. There's a bulk refill solution for R210/R310, have never tried it before so can't comment, but it's out there.

AJ23 said:
For 4R paper, I would think that Espon's is quite good. :) A pack of 30 is less than $8? Or wait till Comex at the end of the month, there might be some promotion.

The original ink for R210 is about $17-$18 per cartridge. There's a bulk refill solution for R210/R310, have never tried it before so can't comment, but it's out there.

Thanks again. Will most likely go down to Funan soon to get my R210, unless there's a better offer than $228 out there :)

AJ23 said:
Correct. A friend just bought the same printer on Saturday at South Asia; they gave the cable for free.

funksoulava said:

Thanks for your time.
You can also support Chamoxa with the papers at the same price ;)

As for the 4R, sorry to burst your bubbles AJ, the cheapest was $8.80 for a pack of 30 4R Epson original Premium Glossy Photo Paper (PGPP). The <$8 is for the pack of 20's.

AJ23 said:

Each cart of original ink is between $18 to $18.50. I have not heard of a bulk refill though I have to check with AJ and find one :D

funksoulava said:
Thanks again. Will most likely go down to Funan soon to get my R210, unless there's a better offer than $228 out there :)
Well, the show will give you a free trolley if nothing else ;)

Watcher said:
Each cart of original ink is between $18 to $18.50. I have not heard of a bulk refill though I have to check with AJ and find one :D

There is a bulk refill system for R210/R310. :)

Auto Refil solution using bulk ink refill for R210 can be purchased from several sources. Price offered varies from different suppliers, but look for the foamless damper with separate chip holder instead of foam cartridge for this model (remember the original cartridges are foamless, and some are still using foam based cartridge).

Of course you have to pay a little more for the foamless one since it is not the same stuff, but must we worry with the initial cost as long as it is justifiable and of good quality? I believe it is ink quality and running cost that are more to concern (replenishment ink/running/reorder cost).

For preview, check it here http://www.inknovation.com.sg/AIRSystemOverview.aspx. List price for the system is SGD 189.- You are welcome to see the demo at Funan #05-41 and the real print quality result. We are open on Mon-Sat 11am-8pm.

If you want to consider alternative convenient solution, go for Smart Refillable Cartridge. It is also auto refill, with built in internal tank, internal tubing and you do not see the system laying outside your printer, it is built in the cartridge. It is here http://www.inknovation.com.sg/SmartCartridge.aspx. It is also light in budget: SGD 18.90 per colour. Can you resist?

Watcher said:
You can also support Chamoxa with the papers at the same price ;)

As for the 4R, sorry to burst your bubbles AJ, the cheapest was $8.80 for a pack of 30 4R Epson original Premium Glossy Photo Paper (PGPP). The <$8 is for the pack of 20's.

Hmmm....where is Chamoxa? Any particular reason why we need to support them? What papers are they selling and what price? (Newbie to printers and the likes, lah) :embrass:

Watcher said:
Well, the show will give you a free trolley if nothing else ;)

Haha....give me wheelborrow also no use....I need the printer quite urgently..... :)

You guys all using the R210? I just got one a COMEX everything works fine except the ink monitoring thingy, it's ghosted out, read the manual liao followed the steps but also cannot. Remembered when installing the software there's this error msg saying something abt 16bit and 32 bit stuff, could it be due to that? Any idea how can i monitor which ink is low without the ink monitoring ?

Jer76 said:
You guys all using the R210? I just got one a COMEX everything works fine except the ink monitoring thingy, it's ghosted out, read the manual liao followed the steps but also cannot. Remembered when installing the software there's this error msg saying something abt 16bit and 32 bit stuff, could it be due to that? Any idea how can i monitor which ink is low without the ink monitoring ?
On the bottom right hand side on your monitor screen, (system tray ??), there is a small printer icon, once u click it, u can see all the 6 ink cartridge, and the rough estimate of how much ink left. According to Epson, the 1st set of cartridge will run faster because it needs to fill in the printer, subsequent ink replacement should last longer.

Astin said:
On the bottom right hand side on your monitor screen, (system tray ??), there is a small printer icon, once u click it, u can see all the 6 ink cartridge, and the rough estimate of how much ink left. According to Epson, the 1st set of cartridge will run faster because it needs to fill in the printer, subsequent ink replacement should last longer.

Yo Astin.. my com does not have the small printer icon in the system tray even, only when i'm doing printing job then it appears showing how many jobs in queue other than that there's no 6 bars.. however if i go printer properties i can see the 6 bars but they are ghosted out.. yikes.

Jer76 said:

You need to install the Epson Status Monitor utility. It should come together with the CD-ROM. Hope this information helps.

Newbie123 said:
You need to install the Epson Status Monitor utility. It should come together with the CD-ROM. Hope this information helps.

Tried liao but got this message "not compatable with 16 bit sub system" whenever i try installing the software.. ehh think nevermind la it's high time i go reformat my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.