Need advise for Wedding Photography Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahpan

Jul 20, 2008
Singapore
Hi all,

I'm not sure if I should get a better lens for wedding photography.

Currently I own these lens:-
1. 50mm - going to use for low light & portraits.
2. 18-200mm - going to use for ranging shoots.
3. 30mm - using it for dinning table shoots and low light.

Would need some advise if the above lens are sufficient enough to cover all the required shoots?

For 30mm, is it recommend or wide enough to use for table shoots?

If FF, 30mm still can but if not FF then it will be quite limited...would advise you to stick with great zoom lens such as 24-70L or 17-55 2.8IS but if budget is limited you can also try the 17-40L or tammy 17-50 f2.8, its around $600 to $1000 for brand new...but for starters, i guess ur 18-200mm is gd enough...btw do get a flash which is very valuable in wedding photography unless yu like shooting with available light..
you can try here too: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34868

:)

Last edited:
Thanks, probably might get 17-50 f.28 Tammy. If using 18-200mm, able to fit the table size too?
Not sure if Tammy is capable of making nice bokeh too?

Oh yah, I'm using 580EXII flash.. :)

Last edited:
yeap, image quality of tammy is comparable to 17-40L, the bokeh is quite alrite...my fren has the tammy so i cud compare...but i went for the 17-40L becuz of the USM and built...tammy can be quite noisy when trying to focus which is quite distracting in weddings i guess...

sigh still holding on to 430EX...still saving for 580EXII :(

Armed with Tammy 17-50 F2.8 and good flashlight techniques.. you can really shoot the whole wedding. Add in your 30/50mm for details and bokeh shots..18-200 for candid.. I say you should do ok.. just rem to bounce your flash and not direct..

thank you, will go armed with Tammy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.