Need advise for Pentax DA* 300

Thanks bro. Sure is waiting for me.. waiting for me to strike 4D 1st. :bsmilie:
Will grab it if the price is in S$. :p

aiya... u already convinced yourself to get the DA* already ;) dun get distracted lah... just BUY! and get the pentax 1.7x TC! its a great toy! :bsmilie:

The A*300/2.8 price is not too expensive actually considering what it is and its condition.

The F*300 is too expensive because its like NIB and has a custom tripod collar (no big deal imho).
DA* is as good as I've mentioned (both have pros and cons)

The Tair is a good price, but from what I've read, the aperture 'flip' mechanism is a bit tricky w/o the rifle stock. Anyway, looks cooler w/ the rifle stock :D (just don't get mistaken for a sniper or terrorist! )

aiya... u already convinced yourself to get the DA* already ;) dun get distracted lah... just BUY! and get the pentax 1.7x TC! its a great toy! :bsmilie:

Yeah u r right, the DA* 300 :heart:
But till now, no advice to get from B&H or local stores? :dunno:

The A*300/2.8 price is not too expensive actually considering what it is and its condition.

The F*300 is too expensive because its like NIB and has a custom tripod collar (no big deal imho).
DA* is as good as I've mentioned (both have pros and cons)

The Tair is a good price, but from what I've read, the aperture 'flip' mechanism is a bit tricky w/o the rifle stock. Anyway, looks cooler w/ the rifle stock :D (just don't get mistaken for a sniper or terrorist! )

Think DA* for me. ;)
Already eyeing for quite some time. When I bought a new bag 1mth+ ago I chose the bigger Crumpler 7 mil$ bag for this big lens. :lovegrin:

Last edited:
Think DA* for me. ;)
Already eyeing for quite some time. When I bought a new bag 1mth+ ago I chose the bigger Crumpler 7 mil$ bag for this big lens. :lovegrin:

Hey bro, seems like you really got the terminal BBB illness...... Did you also go to the gym to strengthen your forearm so that you can handle this beast at ease?

Hey bro, seems like you really got the terminal BBB illness...... Did you also go to the gym to strengthen your forearm so that you can handle this beast at ease?

Ya lor, when I 1st got the K-X, within a month I owned 5 lenses (including kit lens). :p
Think the weight is ok with me, it's not 2-3kg mah..:sweatsm:

Ya lor, when I 1st got the K-X, within a month I owned 5 lenses (including kit lens). :p
Think the weight is ok with me, it's not 2-3kg mah..:sweatsm:

Your BBB virus too strong already:bsmilie:

Yeah u r right, the DA* 300 :heart:
But till now, no advice to get from B&H or local stores? :dunno:

How to advise? Only you can make the call. By my calculation, the savings is about S$260. Buying from B&H, Adorama is a safe, painless exercise. But is it worth the hassle should there be an issue with the lens and/or when you need warranty later on?

BTW, I have this lens for sometime now. Love it. I use it to shoot birds of a different kind;) Bought locally from TK. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

2226.jpg

Last edited:
Ok lah, last month didn't buy anything yet. ;p

Adding some more posion to you bro,dun't think so much la.
BBBBBBBBBBBBB..:devil:

K20D / DA*300 ( Lens t loan from SLR during the outing )

IMGP2320.jpg

How to advise? Only you can make the call. By my calculation, the savings is about S$260. Buying from B&H, Adorama is a safe, painless exercise. But is it worth the hassle should there be an issue with the lens and/or when you need warranty later on?

BTW, I have this lens for sometime now. Love it. I use it to shoot birds of a different kind;) Bought locally from TK. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

That's great, you own this lens. ;p
Did you use any TC?
Any birdie pics to show? :)

Adding some more posion to you bro,dun't think so much la.
BBBBBBBBBBBBB..:devil:

K20D / DA*300 ( Lens t loan from SLR during the outing )

IMGP2320.jpg

Wah bro you also have, tempt me ah... :lovegrin:

Your BBB virus too strong already:bsmilie:

Ok lah, last month didn't buy anything yet. ;p

His virus so strong until always try to infest me ..... lol Everytime got good deal sure sms me lol...

Me just got 2 lenses last month :( .... die lah .... if this continue , can't save money for my son liao:dunno::dunno:

Can the DA*300 + TC produce such pics?

2yl5x8i.jpg
[/IMG]

ztayrq.jpg
[/IMG]

wqogoh.jpg
[/IMG]

His virus so strong until always try to infest me ..... lol Everytime got good deal sure sms me lol...

Me just got 2 lenses last month :( .... die lah .... if this continue , can't save money for my son liao:dunno::dunno:

So now you wanted to get the DA 40 limited? :lovegrin:

Last edited:
That's great, you own this lens.
Did you use any TC?
Any birdie pics to show? :)

Sorry no TC nor birdie pics :embrass:
This is the only other pic of a bird of some kind..... :D

IMGP0236A.jpg