Need advise for Nikon D3000

EMQhamz

Jun 8, 2011
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Hi there!

Although largely knows for one of the worst DSLR ever(been exploring other forums), some users, mainly the amateur users, like me, think it's a rather good buy. For a relatively cheap entry-level DSLR camera, I personally think it acts good enough to take simple yet great shots. So, what's your point of view about this camera?

( Also if you have the time, you may also add some recommendation for what lens I should get. (A small incident kinda damaged my 18-55 lens.) ):cool:

EMQhamz said:
Hi there!

Although largely knows for one of the worst DSLR ever(been exploring other forums), some users, mainly the amateur users, like me, think it's a rather good buy. For a relatively cheap entry-level DSLR camera, I personally think it acts good enough to take simple yet great shots. So, what's your point of view about this camera?

( Also if you have the time, you may also add some recommendation for what lens I should get. (A small incident kinda damaged my 18-55 lens.) ):cool:

D3000 is no way worst or one of the worst DSLR. It's just the lowest entry level camera from nikon of it's time. If u had nvr owned a DSLR b4, you might want to consider its successor, the D3100.

It's a bit hard to recommend lens as we do not know ur needs. If it's a replacement to 18-55mm and u would still prefer a zoom lens, maybe the tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 is a decent step up.

Hi. I'm also an new initiate to DSLRs n also bought the D3000. I find the colours are not vibrant. Will a polarizing filter help to improve the pictures?

EMQhamz said:
Hi there!

Since you already bought there's no need to get views right? Just concentrate on shooting better pictures.

A few disadvantages if you really want to know. Compared to entry levels of other brands, this camera doesn't have bracketing, has slow fps, doesn't have built in motor so can't drive AF-D lens and older film lenses. Can't meter on AIS lenses if I'm not wrong and doesn't have commander mode for CLS.

I suggest using the kit lens till you find the limitations and a reason to upgrade:)

Hi there!

as a spare i tag d3000 with the af-s 35mm 1.8/g till now no problem at all =)