need advise for my india trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
guys.

i will be going to india from the 14th to the 29th jan.

however there are some issues that i am rather concerned about.

a) hotel security. issit realli safe to put your valuables inside ? like your laptops and cameras ? (will be staying at some 5 star hotel they claimed. but they say. the 5 star there is like 2 star here ? hw true is that ?? ) :dunno:

b) electricity. is the current the same and stuffs. coz i dun know if i need some sort of a travel adapter. coz i need to bring my laptop and camera chargers there.

i will be going to New Delhi. and i know the weather is like 20 celcius as i speak now. my much jet lag will i experience ??

some other advices would be nice.

hotel security should be reasonably OK. bring a big lockable suitcase.

electricity is same voltage, but the plug is all haywire so bring a travel adaptor.

as far as I know, temperature at delhi is way below 20.

Put your stuff in the room safe. If it's a well known hotel, then 5-star means 5-star. You need travel adaptors with surge protectors too.

wah piang surge protectors and locks.. but i bring haversack and prolly the most another lowepro stealth reporter 400aw onli.

locks i have plenty....

water... er.. those chlorine tabs need ?

hmmmm.. its kinda hazy from what i hear from my friend who JUST came back from the south. and this time i gg to the north.. terrible...

how about the makan there ?

maddog said:
Put your stuff in the room safe. If it's a well known hotel, then 5-star means 5-star. You need travel adaptors with surge protectors too.

problem is. i dun even knnow which hotel i will be staying until i reach tere... lol...

coz the other time, my senior went there, he said the 5 star is like 2 star in singapore... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

and the safe. i think need extra $ i believe ?

people just like to exaggerate. their taj palace hotel is more than 5-star so there. just focus on the really important things. get electricity, eat and drink safely, have appropriate clothes.

you should check out the temperature in delhi. I just got back from Bangalore where I met some colleague who flew in from delhi, it is cold even for the locals there.

again watch your water, this is a precaution even the Indian themselves take.

glennyong said:
problem is. i dun even knnow which hotel i will be staying until i reach tere... lol...

coz the other time, my senior went there, he said the 5 star is like 2 star in singapore... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

and the safe. i think need extra $ i believe ?

Safe needs extra $? Not if you stay in a 5-star hotel. Safe should be located inside the wardrobe. Why are you going there btw?

i am going there to observe their independance day and to interact with key leadership personnels there.

and of course some military camp visits and horse back riding and some other civilian visits which interests me more. hahas.

questions about the safe was that i wanted to make sure my equipment is safe when i leave the hotel. ;)

well if you're going to interact with key leadership personnels you think they'll put you in a two-star masquerading as five-star hotel?

one observation, at least amongst my colleagues which are from the IT industry in Bangalore. DSLR seem to be a huge novelty still, possibly due to the price being very high for their level of income.

hwchoy said:
well if you're going to interact with key leadership personnels you think they'll put you in a two-star masquerading as five-star hotel?

haha. maybe not i guess. well. i will bring more locks just in case then. who knows there might be some dirty and itchy hands there.

haha. ok. one luxury question. net accesss ? wireless haf bo ? ;p

glennyong said:
haha. maybe not i guess. well. i will bring more locks just in case then. who knows there might be some dirty and itchy hands there.

haha. ok. one luxury question. net accesss ? wireless haf bo ? ;p

delhi dun know. I had it when staying at the Atria (4-star) in Bangalore. 300Rs per day.

hwchoy said:
delhi dun know. I had it when staying at the Atria (4-star) in Bangalore. 300Rs per day.

oh.. so its like $10-$12 a day.. hmmm........

1 SGD = 27.1288 INR

Is this a ncc clt exchange prog? :think:

maybe a glider course? or mountaineering course?

5 stars hotel ratings isn't self claimed. it is given by some international hotels boards thingy IIRC.

yanyewkay said:
maybe a glider course? or mountaineering course?

5 stars hotel ratings isn't self claimed. it is given by some international hotels boards thingy IIRC.

both got cancelled. applicants were asked if they were interested to go for Thunder Warrior or Ex Wallaby. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.