Need advise for camera suitable for gal selfie

slimer

Mar 12, 2009
Hi bros and sisters,

Plan to get a normal camera for my sister with price range 500-600, may i know which model is better in the market for this budget?

;)

thanks in advance.

erm.... Would you like to define the term normal?

It can mean various things from Handphone Camera to Compact point to many other type of cameras.

Yeah, there are no ABnormal cameras :bsmilie:

If you mean non-DSLR, there are loads of options, and which is better depends on the user and their needs.

Besides, I can tell you that you're going to get a list of every responder's favourite cameras, which will leave you with a very long shortlist. Being more specific about your needs will help.

If you're after a general purpose compact, I'd recommend reading some of the group reviews on sites like DPReview. Or just go the shops and try a few. Keep it simple :)

haha....sorry sorry. just did a quick search, found the two model below:

PowerShot G7 X
Sony RX100 Mark III

non DSLR advise pls, compact and suitable for gal selfie purpose -.-\\

i believe the two model above are over budget?

wah swee!!!!
http://www.mobile01.com/newsdetail.php?id=15679

Last edited:
non DSLR advise pls, compact and suitable for gal selfie purpose -.-\\

Seriously speaking, mobile phones are much better suited... can download apps, beautify face, add sparkles and upload to social media immediately... why even get a dedicated camera?

I agree with DD, if the purpose is for selfie, mobile phone does the job way better... because I thought selfie is most of the time take liao, the almost instantly post to whatever fb/twitter/instagram etc.
With apps like meitu and other sparkle apps, probably the best option.

And the best part, if the HP size is 5.5 inch ( e.g. Note or iPhone+ ), those screens are bigger than the LCD that these cameras have.

Hi bros and sisters,

Plan to get a normal camera for my sister with price range 500-600, may i know which model is better in the market for this budget?

;)

thanks in advance.

for selfie i think HP camera is the best.

haha...laugh die me, thanks for your guys advice, agree with DD too.

I recently got the Canon n2 for my gf..Sony also just released their selfie cam...

Hi there are those selfie cams

Casio has some with posing guides as well

The Pentax KS2 has a feature that switches the shutter button to a easier position to handle and depress.
However, it is a DSLR form factor.

Few Great Selfie camera to consider

Nikon S6900 COOLPIX should be below $300
Selling point: Flip screen (duh!) and shutter button easy access on front of the camera.

Casio ZR1500 EXILIM
Beauty mode similar to popular expensive model of TR150

Sony's KW1 perfume bottle camera. (should be way above your price range but very exquisite)

Frankly speaking... just get your sis a good mobile phone on contract (if hers had expired) and you get something that is good enough for heaps of thing, rather than needing to bring a camera ontop of her current mobile phone. If seriously want a camera for selfie, can check out Sony's QX10, Kodak SL25 or even cheap Oppo O-lens (the cheapest among the three systems I have recommended) camera lens attachment system.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...alled-o-lens-10x-optical-zoom-anti-shake.html
http://www.sony.com.sg/product/dsc-qx10
http://kodakpixpro.com/Americas/cameras/smartlens/sl25.php

All these camera lens attachment system enable your sis to sync the system wirelessly to her existing camera (be it iphone or android system, the Sony even able your sis to sync to windows phones) whereby she can use her camera screen to compose her shot while holding up her camera lens attachment as a separate piece.

The good thing is... all these lens camera systems are not too expensive and very small, easy to bring around in handbag or if she is wearing a coat, can bring around in a coat.

They have great IQ (of course not as good as m4/3 or DSLR standard), was easy to use and can be very discrete.

Nothing beats an iPhone for usability amongst my chick friends. Sometimes, less is more!

Best gal selfie cam = Samsung mobile phone. Auto dollup, eye enlarger, neoprint borders, etc ++ downloadable photo apps. Things DSLR cannot do + only can be done via intensive photoshop.
Tested and approved by females.

Last edited:
Best gal selfie cam = Samsung mobile phone. Auto dollup, eye enlarger, neoprint borders, etc ++ downloadable photo apps. Things DSLR cannot do + only can be done via intensive photoshop.
Tested and approved by females.

So true. Best is Samsung Galaxy K Zoom. My face is smooth like wearing makeup ...when I just woke up out of bed. meow