Need advice with Digi Cabi DB-036

Status
Not open for further replies.

limetouch

Oct 8, 2008
Boon Keng
flickr.com
I have gotten my cabinet a couple of days back.

I have already left the door open for a day to let it stabilize and closed it just yesterday, it was reading a humidity of 45% the last time I checked. The manual states that for cameras, 40-55% would be ideal. But do I need to turn the knob to adjust it should it go beyond that range?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dunno why you want to leave the door open for a day. But sticking to the current RH you have is good. Dun go beyond that.

Dunno why you want to leave the door open for a day. But sticking to the current RH you have is good. Dun go beyond that.

I was advised by Samuel at John 3:16 to leave the door open for a day. Just for curiosity, the dry cabinet can be used to store different types of items. Do we need to adjust it then?

The manual states that for cameras, 40-55% would be ideal. But do I need to turn the knob to adjust it should it go beyond that range?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

yes you do. Ever so gently :bsmilie:

and yea, 45% is great, don't touch it anymore! ;)

Why do u need a dry box if you leave the door open???? same humidity as yr environment.

Get a different dry box for storing different items if the items required humidity is different. You don't want to risk your camera lenses just for different items to be kept in the same dry box?

I was advised by Samuel at John 3:16 to leave the door open for a day.

Have you asked for the reason? Sounds very funny to me, sure you understood him correctly?
Close the door and let the cabinet run for at 24h, then take a reading. if RH is about 45-50% then leave it there. If RH is too low or too high then adjust using the knob (yes, that's the purpose of the knob and you are allowed to use it that way). Turn slowly and only a bit, then watch for the next 12h at least. Adjust further is necessary. Consult your manual for further details.
Keep in mind: a dry cabinet is for long-term storage. Once you put in your cam and lenses it will take a while for the RH to get down to the target level. Don't get nervous about it, let it work at least 12h before you do any adjustments. Sometimes it takes 2 days for my RH reading to reach the target.

Is your rooom by any chance, mostly air conditioned?

40-55 is good and not so easy to get back that range if you lost the RH

Have you asked for the reason? Sounds very funny to me, sure you understood him correctly?
Close the door and let the cabinet run for at 24h, then take a reading. if RH is about 45-50% then leave it there. If RH is too low or too high then adjust using the knob (yes, that's the purpose of the knob and you are allowed to use it that way). Turn slowly and only a bit, then watch for the next 12h at least. Adjust further is necessary. Consult your manual for further details.
Keep in mind: a dry cabinet is for long-term storage. Once you put in your cam and lenses it will take a while for the RH to get down to the target level. Don't get nervous about it, let it work at least 12h before you do any adjustments. Sometimes it takes 2 days for my RH reading to reach the target.

He said it was to adjust to the humidity. As the humidity was 60% when I opened, I had to readjust, and now all that's left is to be patient for the next 12 hours at least and see what is the reading.

vince123123 said:
Is your rooom by any chance, mostly air conditioned?

Though the room has an aircon installed, its rarely used, maybe twice a week. So for the most part its not switched on.

In your first post, you have got 45% RH already right? That was a good setting. Which was why I posted dun need to fiddle liao.

lol y leave the door open for a day :bsmilie:
i got mine 3 days ago... kept the box empty and door closed for a day. then put my stuff in and its at 41% now, dial is at about 1:30pm :sweatsm:

ya my db036 also, i turn it on and adjust the knob more to the right, see how low the humidity gets and when stabilise, abt 44% then i turn back the knob a bit and wait again to stabilise at 48%. then i leave it. Anyway it fluctuates b/w 47-49% sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.