Need Advice Sigma 18-200mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanzo

Jun 20, 2007
Hougang
Hi all bros. I am quite new to Clubsnap. Just wanna to ask for your opinion. Currently, I am using 2 lens, canon 18-55mm (300D Kit lens) and another, Sigma 70-300mm Macro. I am thinking of getting a Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC, so that when I do not have to change the lens so often when I am doing shoots for my company's functions, usually ballroom or outdoor activities in Parks etc.

Can any bro advise me whether the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC is good? Or any lens with 18-300 would be better.:think:

Also, I took some pics during my trip to a Island in Malaysia, feel free to give comments so that I can improve. Thanks in advance! :bsmilie:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9098050@N05/

Hanzo

well i am a newbiez too... thiking of getting a 18-200 nikon vr...but its quite costly...other choices may b sigma 18-200 oc or tamrom 18-200..travel lens.. i personally equip with 18-70mm and 50mm 1.8, well this october i hav a trip to italy... any opinion what lens should i get? thanks

Well, the 18-200mm or the newer 18-250mm lens is a good walk about lens for travel and if you do not want to change your lens very often. The lens is pretty good if you have enough light. Whether the lens is useful to you depends on what you want. If you need that range and does not want to keep changing lens, it's good. If you want to capture fast actions, this lens may not be ideal.

Just to share with you that on my recent trip to Beijing, I brough my kit lens (18-70mm f3.5-5.6), a 70-210mm f4 and the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens and I find that most of the time, I am using my kit lens as I do not really need the range.

well beijing!! i wanna see ur gallery. hav it?

I do not have time to do PP and only posted a few pictures. I think you can view them by clicking on my signature. :) I'm still a newbie, please pardon my lousy skills and comments are welcome.

Hey there, believe you are looking for a one-lens solution.
Unfortunately Canon does not make a 18-200.

For Canon mount it should be the Sigma 18-200mm OS
For Nikon mount it should be the AFS 18-200 VR

Hi all bros. I am quite new to Clubsnap. Just wanna to ask for your opinion. Currently, I am using 2 lens, canon 18-55mm (300D Kit lens) and another, Sigma 70-300mm Macro. I am thinking of getting a Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC, so that when I do not have to change the lens so often when I am doing shoots for my company's functions, usually ballroom or outdoor activities in Parks etc.

Can any bro advise me whether the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC is good? Or any lens with 18-300 would be better.:think:

Also, I took some pics during my trip to a Island in Malaysia, feel free to give comments so that I can improve. Thanks in advance! :bsmilie:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9098050@N05/

Hanzo

Hi hanzo;) ,

Perhaps you might 1 2 take a look :bigeyes: at under 'Consumer Corner' then under 'Sigma18-200 with OS' (TS by clicknick=just for easy reference) then go thread 54 & 56 coz I tired to re-type everything again since I posted it there already. Thanks. Also, u may 1 2 try out the lens at any avail shops to see whether u like it:) .

Hi hanzo;) ,

Perhaps you might 1 2 take a look :bigeyes: at under 'Consumer Corner' then under 'Sigma18-200 with OS' (TS by clicknick=just for easy reference) then go thread 54 & 56 coz I tired to re-type everything again since I posted it there already. Thanks. Also, u may 1 2 try out the lens at any avail shops to see whether u like it:) .

Thanks bro!:sweatsm:

well i am a newbiez too... thiking of getting a 18-200 nikon vr...but its quite costly...other choices may b sigma 18-200 oc or tamrom 18-200..travel lens.. i personally equip with 18-70mm and 50mm 1.8, well this october i hav a trip to italy... any opinion what lens should i get? thanks

Eh...don't bother about the Tamron 18-200. I sold it off after only 2 weeks of purchase (from a CSer). Compared to my nikon 18-70mm lens, the tamron is around 80% as sharp, gives flat images, slow focusing (twice longer than the kit lens), noisy operation (auto focusing produces obvious grinding sounds)...OR maybe I'm just bad luck to get a lousy version.

However for the price, the tamron 18-200 is pretty good for its range. I would rather save up for a nikon 18-200VR than doing alot of post processing when using the tamron to correct the sharpness.

Status
Not open for further replies.