need advice on which video light/ continuous lighting to get..

CPL - compact florescent is consistently bright because of the spiral built and if it is fitted with an electronic ballast would hv lower heat output compared to those low loss ballast type.

electronic ballast also hv added advantage tat the freq it generate will reduce the flickering experience with older flores lamp that relies on magnetic ballast (older version).

LED operate in similar principle as electronic ballast high freq on the solid state "bulb" and generate the least heat. technically LED should last longer than flores lamps.

however, all lamps suffers from LLF. light loss factor over time averaging ard 30% per year.

if energy consumption over time is considered, LED wins. flores however has color temperature (warm and daylight) some even hv UV or IR tube and some hits ard 7K temp (brighter than white). color temp for LED r more restrictive.

so which one to use? really up to you. spending more is not necce "investing".

not sure if you can go out and rent one to fit your need. i think you should be able to.

CPL - compact florescent is consistently bright because of the spiral built and if it is fitted with an electronic ballast would hv lower heat output compared to those low loss ballast type.

electronic ballast also hv added advantage tat the freq it generate will reduce the flickering experience with older flores lamp that relies on magnetic ballast (older version).

LED operate in similar principle as electronic ballast high freq on the solid state "bulb" and generate the least heat. technically LED should last longer than flores lamps.

however, all lamps suffers from LLF. light loss factor over time averaging ard 30% per year.

if energy consumption over time is considered, LED wins. flores however has color temperature (warm and daylight) some even hv UV or IR tube and some hits ard 7K temp (brighter than white). color temp for LED r more restrictive.

so which one to use? really up to you. spending more is not necce "investing".

not sure if you can go out and rent one to fit your need. i think you should be able to.

thank u for your advice, really appreciate it.. i gt for myself the "famous" zn196 already. butt might be getting another soon to sort of use as "mini" studio condition, but one thing for sure is that with this light its helps me focus under dim or dark condition quite well..

oh... it's just for focussing inside a mini studio? then play with the general lighting will do. u can keep one small light behind you switch on and use a torch instead.

What I mean is that some outdoor party is almost total darkness that it is very hard for even the best lens will hv trouble focusing..

Up for notice