Need advice on Wedding shooting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siaocumber

Deregistered
Feb 8, 2009
Singapore
siaocumber.blogspot.com
I going to attend my friend's wedding and I plan to shoot some wedding photo. I need help in what setting I should use and what kind of equipment I should use... please cc me ...thk:)

The equipment you have now is good enough. Just read the events photography guide.

At most you may want to buy/rent an external flash. And stay ot of the way of the official photogs.

Are you going as a guest? Or are you going as a backup backup photographer upon request from the bride/groom? If the former, stay well clear out of the way of the paid toga but watch what he/she does. You'll probably need something with some reach and preferably fast glass. Rent or borrow the required lenses if you can. Should the toga be taking a tight portrait, perhaps do the opposite and go wide and vice versa.

if the bride and groom are not expecting you to take photos, just bring a point and shoot camera since that way less chance of getting in the way of primary and any secondary photographers.

if you're an invited guest, would you wanna spend your time snapping away ? shouldn't you be enjoying the banquet and catching up with family and friends or enjoy the atmosphere ?

i'd bring a PnS camera and shoot , if i bring my dslr i'd definitely just use it for normal snapshots. if it was me, i'd just sit down and watch what the AD photographer(s) are doing

The equipment you have now is good enough. Just read the events photography guide.

At most you may want to buy/rent an external flash. And stay ot of the way of the official photogs.

nice piece of advice.. and :)
hahaha i like the 2nd sentence. hahaha hm..

Status
Not open for further replies.