Need advice on Wacom Intuos Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangyb

Aug 1, 2004
Thinking of getting one, anybody using the intuos3 tablet? Isit good or there are other better tablets that anybody can share? Currently I only know wacom making intuos tablet which seems quite good.

Hope folks here who using or used before can share some insights and comments! Thanks!

i got a intuos3 A5 wide...i used for graphic designing, painting & photo editing...to me...buy according to yr monitor size...it's much more user friendly...my laptop monitor is widescreen so i get a wide 1...getting A5 size consider not bad...in terms of more space for my hands to draw...i saw pple use A6 normal tablet also able to achieve splendid drawings...so really it's up to your need & how you draw...cheers!

forgotten to add on....why wacom intuos...it's pen it's magnet based...so even the pen it's not in contact wif the board...the cursor will move too...wat's best abt it i like it's the pressure applying part...u apply harder pressure on the pen...it will come out thicker...if lighter...then the stroke will be thinner...so it's like a really pencil...

ic, sounds good, the pressure settings will be detected by the drawing app like photoshop?

yup...photoshop, illustrator, painter...even making path wif wacom is a breeze...u will love it lah...i am graphic designer...haha!

forgotten to add on....why wacom intuos...it's pen it's magnet based...so even the pen it's not in contact wif the board...the cursor will move too...wat's best abt it i like it's the pressure applying part...u apply harder pressure on the pen...it will come out thicker...if lighter...then the stroke will be thinner...so it's like a really pencil...

eh, everyone is the same... graphire is 512level & intuos is 1024 level of pressure.

other brands varies...

and 1 major diff between wacom & others is wacom patent a batteryless technology on the pens, so its wireless, and does not need battery to operate unlike other brands which their pens need power to use.

eh, everyone is the same... graphire is 512level & intuos is 1024 level of pressure.

other brands varies...

and 1 major diff between wacom & others is wacom patent a batteryless technology on the pens, so its wireless, and does not need battery to operate unlike other brands which their pens need power to use.

wah...u so specified...lol!!! :bsmilie:

The bestest, highly recommended!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sounds good from all the comments here... actually i was looking at one of my client using it looked very efficient instead of using mouse so considering to get it for my own work haha

indeed wacom tablet do help alot...even i saw some talents can do it wif juz mouse where only wacom can achieve it...still...wacom lighten my workload n save alot of time...

I'm using Graphire2 (yes, damn old & small I know). Works well with my laptop save for the occasional 'oops' at times when my fingers slip cos the pen taper a little on the clicker side. :(

I'm using Graphire2 (yes, damn old & small I know). Works well with my laptop save for the occasional 'oops' at times when my fingers slip cos the pen taper a little on the clicker side. :(
I use intuos 1. lol.

I think graphire is good enough, seriously. Well unless you're using it everyday as a digital illustrator or something, then it's good to get a intuos and a big one. :)

Wondering if an Intuos Pen can be used on a Graphire Tablet? :think:

The Intuos pen seems to be fatter than the Graphire....

Hello and sorry TS for hijacking your thread..but my qn is also on wacom.

1) Umm may i know if the software, if there is one, that comes with the wacom is idoit proof? like the INK ART that comes with the microsoft tbalet pc experience 2005.

2) which one sounds better? .. Macbook pro + Wacom (portable enough ? )

or
The fujitsu T4215 tablet pc with INK ART that comes with the microsoft tbalet pc experience 2005:embrass:

my take. as long as it gets the job done. its a good tablet.

Intuos is great because you are paying for a premium for it.

Graphire is also good. its entry level but unless you need such a sensitive pad and pen, graphire is good enough.

oh wells... got extra money buy intuos lor.. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.