need advice on the group photos taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsonkazaF

Nov 1, 2009
Hi guys, newbie here with Canon 500D, 18-55mm kit lens, no external flash installed.
need some advice on taking photos of a group of people during day and night, what are the setting need to get the best quality.

really thanks in advance for the advice given.

No fixed settings.

Just make sure to control the DoF so that everyone is in focus.

Please remember that you should SEARCH before starting a new thread. ....

I have a constructive suggestion.

You know, I am just wondering in my mind....
Without pointing fingers nor causing any undue distress to new members, I wonder if it is
technically possible for the Admin to programme it such that for newbies, for the first
10-20 (arbitrary) posts that they post, CS will automatically pop-up a big pop-up box on the screen to remind them:
"Are you asking a question? If so, have you done a SEARCH on CS before you post?"

I am sure this would drastically reduce the strain on hard-working Senior Members ;).... lol.
But seriously, maybe this could work.

I have a constructive suggestion.

You know, I am just wondering in my mind....
Without pointing fingers nor causing any undue distress to new members, I wonder if it is
technically possible for the Admin to programme it such that for newbies, for the first
10-20 (arbitrary) posts that they post, CS will automatically pop-up a big pop-up box on the screen to remind them:
"Are you asking a question? If so, have you done a SEARCH on CS before you post?"

I am sure this would drastically reduce the strain on hard-working Senior Members ;).... lol.
But seriously, maybe this could work.

I actually saw other forums where, when you enter a thread title, it runs a mini-search for "similar topics" so you can just select from there first

best quality, simple....just position them where there is lots of light or squeeze them tight tight.

The brighter it is, possible to use F/16 + 1/125 which should be able to freeze the moment to a point most people will consider very sharp.

Since you dont have the gear, you have to really look for ideal places to take the group photos.

I actually saw other forums where, when you enter a thread title, it runs a mini-search for "similar topics" so you can just select from there first

Hey, now that is a really good algorithm.
Sincerely, if CS can be programmed in ways similar to this, then it would be something like Google nowadays - type in something into a new thread title, and CS will pop up something to lead the Newbie into the respective threads.

... and you and I will have lesser post-counts per day...:bsmilie:

... and you and I will have lesser post-counts per day...:bsmilie:

LOL

don't really care about post-counts anyway. :)

Hi,

if taking group photos indoors, i would advice to use an external flash and bounce it against ceiling.

as usual, the standard things to watch out for: make sure everyone eyes open, looking at you, no one chopped off etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.