Need advice on the following DSLR

VainKid

Aug 1, 2009
Bedok
I'm helping a friend out, he's looking at NIKON camera only, given a budget 600 bucks for camera with Kit lens. Already gotten a dry cabinet from digi cab.

Now the problem is I'm still a newbie, I can't offer much advice on a preowned cam with a budget of 600.

Any possibilities to get D3000, D60, D40 ? which is the recommended starter camera for him?

Thanks in advance

I'm helping a friend out, he's looking at NIKON camera only, given a budget 600 bucks for camera with Kit lens. Already gotten a dry cabinet from digi cab.

Now the problem is I'm still a newbie, I can't offer much advice on a preowned cam with a budget of 600.

Any possibilities to get D3000, D60, D40 ? which is the recommended starter camera for him?

Thanks in advance

Tell your friend that Canon/Sony/Pentax also has dslr cameras:bsmilie:

Anyway for Nikon,can consider D40,40x,50,60,70,70s,80 2nd hand:)

yes I did told him but he choose nikon so we could share our lens. Anyway which is better among so many variety?

with $600, 2nd hand is the way to go.

yes I did told him but he choose nikon so we could share our lens. Anyway which is better among so many variety?
With your friend's $600 as budget, it is more the case of he share your lens than you share his...

He might even consider getting a 2nd hand body without any lenses since you have lenses to lent him... ;p

Haha i am not a Nikon user so i also dunno which to choose:bsmilie:

D40,40x,50,60,70,70s excluded D80 coz his budget dun reli meet the resale price..

D50, D70 has built in motors- more lens compatibility
D40, 40x, 60 has no motors - buy exp AF-S

I do recommend D40x/50 coz if he's new to it, he might probably get frustrated with D70...

Among the three D3K, D40, D60... I'd go for the latest D3k of course, i rmb it has some guide mode, shud be very useful for him.

With your friend's $600 as budget, it is more the case of he share your lens than you share his...

He might even consider getting a 2nd hand body without any lenses since you have lenses to lent him... ;p
Haha I know... How much does D80 cost ? I wished he could have gotten D70 but I don't see much on B&S section

Haha I know... How much does D80 cost ? I wished he could have gotten D70 but I don't see much on B&S section

D80 cost around 800+. My suggestion is that he save up till 1k and then decide.

Camp in the BnS section of CS & hope he can get his camera at a good price ;)