Need advice on shop to buy D5300 from

Status
Not open for further replies.
They give new set, the testing set is separate on the display on the shelf.;)
I can imagine all the user marks on the lenses, bodies, and lens mount. Not forgetting the burning of shutter counts. Don't think I'll want a so-used set. Tried to test at TK Foto the other day for the 16-35, was rejected, citing that testing is only allowed if there's the intention to purchase, else the unit will be too used to be sold after multiple tries. Fair enough, I was going to buy anyway, so I just informed them. Not many shops these days prohibit testing and allow customers to molest their stock all over. Well used sets can always find the mount full of use marks and/or dirt/scratches. Like what Catchlights says, we know, we go in, we buy and leave. You try going back to the shops within 7 days everyday ask about the lens performance, is it normal, etc etc and see if there are any after-sales service.

They give new set, the testing set is separate on the display on the shelf.;)

I don't believe that. Test set is also a set, which is their cost, only Nikon has pre-production sets or test sets in NSC for testing.

John 3:16 , you can try out till you drop then decide

Aiya... If you really are the sort that wants to try it all out, just go to the Nikon showroom lor... Everything you want and probably more...

I'd think buyers ought to have a good mind of what they wish to purchase, and perhaps just compare against similar lenses (Perhaps Nikon vs. a 3rd party, or perhaps deciding between the 14-24 and the 16-35...) Ultimately, you would be buying one, so I am certain the store will be willing to help you.

If you are telling me that John 3:16 lets random people indiscriminately test out their entire range of lenses, well, then I wouldn't be too thrilled buying anything there, given that my "new" lens has been handled by a questionable number of people. And I am pretty sure they do not have much on display.

Buying a new camera without getting hands on is as good as buying with regrets. Anyway, everyone is free to buy from which ever shop they want to, including me.

Buying a new camera without getting hands on is as good as buying with regrets. Anyway, everyone is free to buy from which ever shop they want to, including me.

That's what the nikon showroom is for

Don't mind could share where is the Nikon show room? Can test till drop?

Nikon show room is at Nikon Service Center. You can test every camera body and most lenses (up to 200/2 and 80-400) available till you drop. Got Knowledgeable Service person to guide you through the features of each piece of equipment as well. Beats a salesperson any day.

BTW, the pics below, in the middle of the round table with all the camera bodies, there is now a miniature city, for you to test all the lenses with.

Here it is...

You can find address and more pictures here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264216

Last edited:
Thanks!
Oh My ! The showroom just two minutes away from my office! Did not know that, would bring my friends there !
We have been wanting to test the D4 !Drool !

Nikon show room is at Nikon Service Center. You can test every camera body and most lenses (up to 200/2 and 80-400) available till you drop. Got Knowledgeable Service person to guide you through the features of each piece of equipment as well. Beats a salesperson any day.

BTW, the pics below, in the middle of the round table with all the camera bodies, there is now a miniature city, for you to test all the lenses with.

Here it is...

You can find address and more pictures here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264216

Thanks!
Oh My ! The showroom just two minutes away from my office! Did not know that, would bring my friends there !
We have been wanting to test the D4 !Drool !

Test the D4s... D4 is old news.

I might be different from others. When I decide to buy something, I want it fast and good price. Waiting in line for almost forever when the sales-guys sweet talk to each customer is not my idea of good service. I am no longer someone new to photography that needs the assurance and guidance when buying gear. I know what I want. I just want to go in, get what I want, check it on the spot, pay, and be on my way. So don't go bro here bro there... And one thing I totally cannot stand is seeing how some stores/salesmen let their customers molest every piece of new gear without limitation, then put it back and sell it to the next customer.

Hehe..i think i know who you talking about...bro here bro there..haha..I am not student..but $50 means something to me. i also like to wear very very casually and maybe that's why those shops who always see me asking price will not like to entertain me. just like u...i like to walk in...get good price..and make sure product brand new..and walk out..sometimes i also make a few phone calls before i go down. So the shop that try to Bro me here Bro me there...i asked him..u Budhist also arh? i am not Christian bro leh. hehe..anyway..spend money must be happy..so treat it as an entertainment... then after buying..must purposely walk back to those shops who bor chap me with my plastic bag to show them i did purchase the item and please be serious when you quote your prices next time. :p so far most Funan shops are ok...just 1 or 2 more ah beng only.

Got my D5300 $1090 at mustafa centre ,bag lens .. So go with the cheapest one :)

Sorry for the late reply guys. Got my camera and lens and have been playing with it. Thanks for all the suggestions

Sorry for the late reply guys. Got my camera and lens and have been playing with it. Thanks for all the suggestions

Great! Enjoy your new purchase.

Since question has been solved, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.