Need advice on purchasing GoPro and accessories

Nov 26, 2013
Singapore
I'm actually planning for my beach vacation and I'm looking into getting a GoPro for taking photos and videos. But there are so many different mounts and accessories, I don't know which ones to get. I'm gonna list out the things I'm gonna do with GoPro and hopefully you guys can help me with the accessories.

-I need the GoPro to have the stick to take high angle photos and some selfies.
- Need the Go Pro when I gonna surf? What accessories do I need?
-Battery. Heard that the camera has bad battery life
- A tripod mount also to attach to my own tripod.

Need some advices guys!

A bobber float

I have many accessories n end up not using. Just get a neck strap (like those for name tags in exhibition), tie it on the Waterproof cover. If u want to be secure, tie two.

I have used it for diving, sailing, SUP.

You wld want to get the LCD though. Helps u w the framing. Haha

Need advice too. I am getting it for my holiday shots/videos.
And maybe learn how to video my 8 months old daughter.

If it is for a beach/water sports activities, use the waterproof casing. I find that those sticks which you can attach the gopro at one end and extend it for self shooting is good for general uses. Suggest you get one that is of good built and meant for seawater/beach activities, cos those cheapo ebay ones will rust/corrode quite easily. I also find that those mounts that you attach to yourself tends to give you shaky videos if your activities has a lot of movements. If you are going to be underwater for a fair bit of time (eg snorkelling), remember to use those anti fog strips. Shots with water/splashes are nice, esp in slo-mo.

For general shooting, advisable to get a lcd screen so that you won’t mis-frame. Although it is wide lens and the field of coverage is very big, misframed shots will still happen from time to time. A stabiliser will be good for smooth and professional looking shots. After 2 trips , I finally decide to get one, I can’t really stand the shakiness, even after processing.

If it is for a beach/water sports activities, use the waterproof casing. I find that those sticks which you can attach the gopro at one end and extend it for self shooting is good for general uses. Suggest you get one that is of good built and meant for seawater/beach activities, cos those cheapo ebay ones will rust/corrode quite easily. I also find that those mounts that you attach to yourself tends to give you shaky videos if your activities has a lot of movements. If you are going to be underwater for a fair bit of time (eg snorkelling), remember to use those anti fog strips. Shots with water/splashes are nice, esp in slo-mo.

For general shooting, advisable to get a lcd screen so that you won’t mis-frame. Although it is wide lens and the field of coverage is very big, misframed shots will still happen from time to time. A stabiliser will be good for smooth and professional looking shots. After 2 trips , I finally decide to get one, I can’t really stand the shakiness, even after processing.

What brand of sticks and stabiliser did you get? And how much?

I'm actually looking at export set since it is 100 dollars cheaper. Is it worth having no warranty for the first year?

What brand of sticks and stabiliser did you get? And how much?

The pole is Aquapod by SeaLife, I got somebody to get it for me from US.
As for the stabiliser, I am using the steadicam smoothee, bought online ard $200 and postman just delivered it to me this afternoon :)

Egg timer mount for great sunrise and sunset time lapse and whatever.

also good to have is those flexible "don't know what you call it" rod...something like one of the gorillapod leg but skinnier and longer.
can mount anywhere like I did on my mtb...

$9494841020_fec2b0ecfe_z.jpg

for extended use, I use a battery backpack which can last about 4~5 hrs of continuous use.
and occasionally use a skeleton housing and connect a power bank to it for longer time lapse shoot.

you can get a third party brand pole which is cheaper. I'm using one from SP Gadgets. As for surfing, get a surf mount to mount GoPro onto your surf board.. you can try this site.. i bought my accessories at outdoorsportstravel.asia

I'm actually planning for my beach vacation and I'm looking into getting a GoPro for taking photos and videos. But there are so many different mounts and accessories, I don't know which ones to get. I'm gonna list out the things I'm gonna do with GoPro and hopefully you guys can help me with the accessories.

-I need the GoPro to have the stick to take high angle photos and some selfies.
- Need the Go Pro when I gonna surf? What accessories do I need?
-Battery. Heard that the camera has bad battery life
- A tripod mount also to attach to my own tripod.

Need some advices guys!

Probably overkill since you posted in the 'newbie' section, but good to know about — The 3rd Person View mount is pretty cool.

http://www.sailvideosystem.com/