Need advice on photography course

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggyballs

May 6, 2004
singapore
Hi all,

new here to clubsnap, and photography. i have a couple of months before i start on some serious job, so i was thinking of taking up some basic photography courses in the meantime, anyone has any recommendations??

Has anyone tried the courses offered at the Photographic Society at selegie? are they good value for money?

cheers,
m

Hello,

I took the course there before and it's quite okay since you do learn some basic technics. However untimately, photography is about practise, practise and more practise. So if you wanna save the money, you could always go to the library and borrow some books to read up and then experiment on your own.

Hi,
Alternatively, you may want to try Substation for Basic Photography Course.
It's address is as follows:
45 Armenian Street
S'pore 179936
Tel: 63377535

Good Luck!

you can try OBJECTIV or OBJECTIFS i forgot
another one is JMP - James Master Photography
all basic courses ( i think) is abt 250-300

so if you want to learn fast and on your own...take sigrd's advise...practise a lot by keeping notes.
if you want that course thingy...go thru any one that you like...

khairi said:

so if you want to learn fast and on your own...take sigrd's advise...practise a lot by keeping notes.

OBJECTIFS good or not ? I also want to join the course, it is quite near my office... Anybody ever have some course there ??

doggyballs said:
Hi all,

new here to clubsnap, and photography. i have a couple of months before i start on some serious job, so i was thinking of taking up some basic photography courses in the meantime, anyone has any recommendations??

Has anyone tried the courses offered at the Photographic Society at selegie? are they good value for money?

cheers,
m

I think PSS at selegie should provide you with an outstanding overview of basic photography.

flip to the last few pages of the Photoi mag. There are lists of courses available.

Kim Dong Moon said:
OBJECTIFS good or not ? I also want to join the course, it is quite near my office... Anybody ever have some course there ??

Objectifs -- I think they have very good instructors there. Since your office is near there, you can easily drop by there during lunch time or after work to check it out.Currently they have some students work on display.

Took the B&W course there. I find that the instructors there are generally younger & very inspiring.
However, it is a little more ex the than others.

khairi said:

Is JMP -Joseph Master Photography
www.jmpjoseph.com

I took the course at the Substation but I only lasted about 3 weeks out of the 10. It was very theoretical but gave me enough knowledge to then read up on things and go out there and practise. Being an Ang Moh I found it hard keeping up with the very Singlish instruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.