Need advice on pentax smc 50mm 1.2

Got the lens, got the discount, even gave me a free leather container for my vario-elmar. Initial test @ the shop with the 7D shows pretty good sharpness wide open. But need to get a good pk-eos adapter to fully test it.

can bros out there please advice where I can get a well-made adapter in Sg. thanks for all the advices guys, if not I may have kanna ko-tok without knowing.

btw here's the pic of the lens...thanks and good night.

I have two, one with focus confirmation and one without, which I used for both my 40D and 5D. PM me if you are interested. The K 50f1.2 is a good lens.

tikiman said:
Got the lens, got the discount, even gave me a free leather container for my vario-elmar. Initial test @ the shop with the 7D shows pretty good sharpness wide open. But need to get a good pk-eos adapter to fully test it.

can bros out there please advice where I can get a well-made adapter in Sg. thanks for all the advices guys, if not I may have kanna ko-tok without knowing.

Wah congrats! :) you can get those adapters in sg but they'll be very heavily marked up. If you have a chance to pass china... :bsmilie::bsmilie: else get it online. :sweatsm: my monster camera has them too.

Wah congrats! :) you can get those adapters in sg but they'll be very heavily marked up. If you have a chance to pass china... :bsmilie::bsmilie: else get it online. :sweatsm: my monster camera has them too.

hi

i got an pentax smc 50mm f1.4 a few days ago.. i need an adaptor for my canon 500d.. what online store will u recommend? i really like these old lenses.. they are amazing!!!

sfoto100 said:
hi

i got an pentax smc 50mm f1.4 a few days ago.. i need an adaptor for my canon 500d.. what online store will u recommend? i really like these old lenses.. they are amazing!!!

Oh you can try tagotech, deal extreme or even eBay. :) I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them though. Good luck! :)

You can also go to peninsula to ask around. I know the corner store (monster camera) at the exit to the excelsior hotel has them.

sfoto100 said:
hi

Get from ebay.

Oh you can try tagotech, deal extreme or even eBay. :) I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them though. Good luck! :)

You can also go to peninsula to ask around. I know the corner store (monster camera) at the exit to the excelsior hotel has them.

Get from ebay.

tks to u both

http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_38_44&products_id=198 $30!!!! seems expensive leh!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-Fit...401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad3933451 $21 only with shipping...

what are those u guys using? price? any recommendation?

sfoto100 said:

I bought mine from china for 5$ hehhehe but no AF chip mind you. $30 is ok for sg price. I've seen $50-200. :bsmilie:

I bought mine from china for 5$ hehhehe but no AF chip mind you. $30 is ok for sg price. I've seen $50-200. :bsmilie:

ya i dun need AF chip.. i think it is useless for me.. a good focussing screen is better... but my low end 500d VF so small and can only use 3rd party focusing screens (which i heard is of little help).. so using live view is better .. haha..

too bad i got no friends in China.. hahaha... think all these ebay n tagotech got their stock from china too.. maybe $2 ..

sfoto100 said:
ya i dun need AF chip.. i think it is useless for me.. a good focussing screen is better... but my low end 500d VF so small and can only use 3rd party focusing screens (which i heard is of little help).. so using live view is better .. haha..

too bad i got no friends in China.. hahaha... think all these ebay n tagotech got their stock from china too.. maybe $2 ..

You can go for a short weekend trip, flights are cheap these days. :bsmilie: china is amazing. I love that place. :) totally different from all the stereotype. I'd like to live there one day too. :bsmilie:

You can go for a short weekend trip, flights are cheap these days. :bsmilie: china is amazing. I love that place. :) totally different from all the stereotype. I'd like to live there one day too. :bsmilie:

ya Sg is a boring place... i dun like to stay here too..

i hope to stay in New Zealand.. then i can have excuse to buy good camera to shoot landscapes.. wahahaha...

u got any china pics to share? can pm me the links if it is not an hassle to u :)

sfoto100 said:
ya Sg is a boring place... i dun like to stay here too..

i hope to stay in New Zealand.. then i can have excuse to buy good camera to shoot landscapes.. wahahaha...

u got any china pics to share? can pm me the links if it is not an hassle to u :)

Hahaha I haven't processed them yet. :embrass: still sitting in my hdd. :p

NZ is nice! But you sure you can take the pace? Haha. They're super laid back there. So after 4.30pm on a typical Saturday don't even think of going shopping. I love it though. Haha

Hahaha I haven't processed them yet. :embrass: still sitting in my hdd. :p

NZ is nice! But you sure you can take the pace? Haha. They're super laid back there. So after 4.30pm on a typical Saturday don't even think of going shopping. I love it though. Haha

oh.. my problem is i am forced to work too hard here!!! i feel like a slave here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratz, hope you'll enjoy the lens. ;)

I have used one of those focusing screen on my defunct 1KD. It is really of little help cause the VF is really dark on a crop camera. It is easier to train the eyes to understand the characteristic of the lens and it focusing distance.

Congratz, hope you'll enjoy the lens. ;)
thanks.

I was looking through ebay and online site in sg (eg: targo-tech). Most sells the chrome version, which is what I am trying to avoid. I am looking for those that is matt black like the one available by Kipon. I have been using kipon adapter and they are good. No MIC stigma.

Does anyone know any shop in sg I can get an kipon adapter? thanks

tikiman said:
I have used one of those focusing screen on my defunct 1KD. It is really of little help cause the VF is really dark on a crop camera. It is easier to train the eyes to understand the characteristic of the lens and it focusing distance.

thanks.

I was looking through ebay and online site in sg (eg: targo-tech). Most sells the chrome version, which is what I am trying to avoid. I am looking for those that is matt black like the one available by Kipon. I have been using kipon adapter and they are good. No MIC stigma.

Does anyone know any shop in sg I can get an kipon adapter? thanks

Yes, crop bodies r crop bodies afterall... Everything smaller.. The bigger the vf the better... Haha

Hi any issues with the chrome one?

sfoto100 said:
oh.. my problem is i am forced to work too hard here!!! i feel like a slave here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Migrate!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

bonrya said:
Migrate!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yes. Considering.. How abt you?

Yes, crop bodies r crop bodies afterall... Everything smaller.. The bigger the vf the better... Haha

Hi any issues with the chrome one?

I read some where that there is internal reflection when used with very fast lens. But I dunno... it is just a personal preference for me.

I read some where that there is internal reflection when used with very fast lens. But I dunno... it is just a personal preference for me.

i saw a black one on ebay.. with shipping i tink it costs $20 plus.. i guess it is better to get a black one... the internals of the lens is not white also i think.. so it does make sense..