Need advice on monopod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammox77

Feb 13, 2003
Singapore
www.henryfotography.com
Hi all,

I was wondering is monopod good enough to use for night shots, like taking long exp or night landscape shots? Thanks in advance :D

Cheers,
Henry

Can always buy a very light tripot and sometimes used it as a monopod if you want speed and mobility. I find monopod uses limited.

ammox77 said:
oh dear :cry: that means im going to carry the tripod going around :sweat:

thanks megaweb :D

ammox77 said:
oh dear :cry: that means im going to carry the tripod going around :sweat:

thanks megaweb :D

Get the carbon fibre tripods....they are lighter. Monopods have limited use esp for long exposures.

Isn't there a tripod, where the centre column could be removed and used as a monopod? :dunno:

Thanks for all the advices guys, well a CF tripod is way too off my budget hmm....hhaha i used to use that slik spring pro well its not study enough leh

ammox77 said:
hmm....idea ah!! hehehe

dont know you understand what i'm talking about or not... lemme try to explain....

like the corner of a railing? lean into the monopod (not that hard to break it) into the corner. tada. :D

but the monopod may still "roll" because of its round shaft... :p

sehsuan said:
dont know you understand what i'm talking about or not... lemme try to explain....

like the corner of a railing? lean into the monopod (not that hard to break it) into the corner. tada. :D

but the monopod may still "roll" because of its round shaft... :p

Solution: Bring a roll of duct-tape or gaffer tape! :D

Alternatively,

Use a bean bag instead. Just find soemthing to support it onto.

ammox77 said:
hhaha i used to use that slik spring pro well its not study enough leh
I guess Slik sprint pro should be not problem to support ur 10D w/o grip and 28-105mm if you use a better ballhead.

Tot i saw a tripod in which the centre column and one of the legs can be joined to form a monopod whwn required.
Think it's made by Kaiser :dunno:
Not for heavy stuff though

fantom said:
Tot i saw a tripod in which the centre column and one of the legs can be joined to form a monopod whwn required.
Think it's made by Kaiser :dunno:
Not for heavy stuff though

agree that tripod can always convert to monopod after soem DIY work. so just buy a tripod will do

Status
Not open for further replies.