Need advice on humidity issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainKid

Aug 1, 2009
Bedok
My DSLR will be out of the dry cabinet for about 2-3 weeks. Do I need to get dehumidifier like thirsty hippo or sillica gels to put in my backpack to prevent grows of fungus in my lens and DSLR? What should I do ? Thanks alot

Is your backpack airtight? Is "carrying around in backpack" something called 'storage'? (Dry cabinet is for storage = camera is not used for prolonged period and sits in an enclosed area with stagnant air.)

You will be travelling? If you will be using your camera regularly then I don't think there will be any major issue.

TS: Don't be paranoid. Nothing will happen in two weeks, even if you do not use your camera. In the extreme humid place also if you use your camera regularly (means your camera gets fresh air and sun light), nothing will happen.

Just enjoy your trip. :cool:

Of-course if you put your wet cloths next to your camera body, you offer a nice shower to your camera and then never wipe and those stuff .. then don't blame me ;)

Just expose your lenses to sunlight (UV rays) everyday.

My DSLR will be out of the dry cabinet for about 2-3 weeks. Do I need to get dehumidifier like thirsty hippo or sillica gels to put in my backpack to prevent grows of fungus in my lens and DSLR? What should I do ? Thanks alot

For 2-3 weeks, guess u are planning for a long vacation. I've done that many times with my cam, not to worry w the mould. Every night, u could leave your cam on a open table to air it.

It's not airtight guys... Normal DSLR backpack. Yes planning a oversea trip, what about lens that I've brought along but never had the chance to use it? So I believe fungus does not occur in a period of weeks of 2-3, anyway thanks for the input above

TS: Don't be paranoid. Nothing will happen in two weeks, even if you do not use your camera. In the extreme humid place also if you use your camera regularly (means your camera gets fresh air and sun light), nothing will happen.

Just enjoy your trip. :cool:

Of-course if you put your wet cloths next to your camera body, you offer a nice shower to your camera and then never wipe and those stuff .. then don't blame me ;)
bro I will not abuse my precious that way man... It's more important than my life

bro I will not abuse my precious that way man... It's more important than my life

Thats the reason u r worried too much. Just enjoy ur trip, nothing will happen in 2 weeks of so called abuse ..)

Status
Not open for further replies.