magixshoe.clubsnap.org
hmm i got this DC like 3 months ago

how u guys find this cam?
good?

i find that the niteshots are terrible or most prob i duno how to take it
i set it to the slow synchro mode and when i shoot it the image is blur
i got no tripod but when i place it on a surface and shoot still the same leh

how come like that?

and according to slow synchro is for nite shots and the supressed flash mode is for long distance shots....am i rite?

and the EV thingy.. how to judge how much to put?

thank...

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
hmm i got this DC like 3 months ago

how u guys find this cam?
good?

i find that the niteshots are terrible or most prob i duno how to take it
i set it to the slow synchro mode and when i shoot it the image is blur
i got no tripod but when i place it on a surface and shoot still the same leh

how come like that?

and according to slow synchro is for nite shots and the supressed flash mode is for long distance shots....am i rite?

and the EV thingy.. how to judge how much to put?

thank...

For night shots the shutter is slowed to 1/2 sec....so as long as the subject or urself move, the pix will be blurred.

hmm i tried playing around with the EV settings
set it to max and take a shot and set it to min and take a shot
no diff leh

u manage to get this bright ?

fuji01.jpg

when u want brighter pics, u up the ev. else u lower the value. this is from my trial and error on my camera.

Originally posted by La|n
u manage to get this bright ?

fuji01.jpg

This is abt as bright as you can get from a 0.5 sec exposure.

Originally posted by copland

This is abt as bright as you can get from a 0.5 sec exposure.
0.5?

i duno my cam the slow synchro(is this call nite shot?) mode the shutter speed leh

but if my hand shake abit the the photo damm jiat lat liao
how u all take nite shots w/o the image being blur?
i tink the pic above isnt using a tripod rite?

anyway for my cam the niteshot is damm dark one

the 2600z has a max shutter speed of 1/2s, so that's why most of the night shots taken will be quite dark. Usually, for a typical night shot, you need at least 2s of exposure at f2.8.

you shouldn't use slow-synchro flash for nightshots, you should suppress the flash. That would force the 2600z to extend shutter speed to the max of 1/2s. Try it and see if there's a difference!

Btw, MUST use tripod for nightshots hor, even 1/2s. It's a mandatory thing...so far only kamwai has managed to produce an unblur nightshot handholding, and he is sniper-trained.

Originally posted by Tweek
the 2600z has a max shutter speed of 1/2s, so that's why most of the night shots taken will be quite dark. Usually, for a typical night shot, you need at least 2s of exposure at f2.8.

you shouldn't use slow-synchro flash for nightshots, you should suppress the flash. That would force the 2600z to extend shutter speed to the max of 1/2s. Try it and see if there's a difference!

Btw, MUST use tripod for nightshots hor, even 1/2s. It's a mandatory thing...so far only kamwai has managed to produce an unblur nightshot handholding, and he is sniper-trained.
wow!! sniper trained?!? sure anot :cool:
anyway the manual that comes with the cam says that slow synchro is for nite scenes leh

yah i tried using supressed flash liao it really looks alot better! :D
then wat is the slow synchro used for?

anyway any tips on how to avoid reflections when taking pic against a flat surface?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
wow!! sniper trained?!? sure anot :cool:
anyway the manual that comes with the cam says that slow synchro is for nite scenes leh

yah i tried using supressed flash liao it really looks alot better! :D
then wat is the slow synchro used for?

anyway any tips on how to avoid reflections when taking pic against a flat surface?

yar slow-synchro is when you want to take shots of people against a night landscape. So the camera will flash and open the shutter longer, but typically not long enough, cos there was the flash already and the cam probably think there will be enough light.

For suppressed flash, the camera meters that the scene is dark, and it is not allowed to use flash somemore, so it would definitely force the shutter to open the longest, in your case, 1/2s.

So slow-synchro is for taking people against dark background, and suppressed flash for just night landscape alone. Since it is pointless to have flash for night landscape as the flash would not be able to reach the subjects.

do you mean reflections of the flash from a reflective surface? The only way is to bounce the flash, but that is only achievable with an external flash unit.

okie i get it
slow synchro is only if i wanna take pictures of ppl in dark places

and supressed flash is for nite scenes

ya i mean reflection off the surface
canot like take the pic from an angle so that the flash is bounced off to other place?

means cam w/o external flash is handicapped by this? any work arounds?

from wat i read, there are 2 kinds of slow synchro. it's used mainly for effects at nite esp for motion pics if u want to capture moving objects and haf effects like trails of lite and blah.....

Originally posted by kylelam77
from wat i read, there are 2 kinds of slow synchro. it's used mainly for effects at nite esp for motion pics if u want to capture moving objects and haf effects like trails of lite and blah.....

you can do that with suppressed flash as well, as long as the shutter speed is slow. It is better to understand the working principles behind each mode rather than knowing wat each mode is for, so that you can have more flexibility even with a PnS camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.