Need Advice on Film Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Minority
Hi

I am having some wierd problem with my film scanner.

When I scan films. Especially the night shots I get streaks at the bottom of the scanned picture. Is it my setting or my scanner is faulty?

see this

http://www.pbase.com/image/9742635

Min

Looks like your scanner has banding.... which scanner is this? Anyway, the shot looks underexposed and overcorrected. Maybe that's why.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Looks like your scanner has banding.... which scanner is this? Anyway, the shot looks underexposed and overcorrected. Maybe that's why.

Regards
CK

Yeah wanted to make the lines more obvious. What is the cause of banding? Scanner problem or my software setting? I am using Vue Scan. BTW if its scanner problem can this be fixed?

Yeah wanted to make the lines more obvious. What is the cause of banding? Scanner problem or my software setting? I am using Vue Scan. BTW if its scanner problem can this be fixed?

Which scanner is this? Some scanners inherently has the banding problem, particularly the lower end ones. Try to take it back to the agent if still under warranty.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Which scanner is this? Some scanners inherently has the banding problem, particularly the lower end ones. Try to take it back to the agent if still under warranty.

Regards
CK

Its the Acer 2720S.. Its more than a year old.. used to be ok.... or at least I did not notice it coz I only started to take night shots lately..... Its very obvious in night shots scans...

Its the Acer 2720S.. Its more than a year old.. used to be ok.... or at least I did not notice it coz I only started to take night shots lately..... Its very obvious in night shots scans...

I see, consult the other 2720S users here, like roygoh. They might be able to help.

Regards
CK

had this nice effect before, after scanning a few rolls continuously in a room with fan...
aim ur blower in the slot and have some vigorous finger exercise ;p

Originally posted by denizenx
had this nice effect before, after scanning a few rolls continuously in a room with fan...
aim ur blower in the slot and have some vigorous finger exercise ;p

Huh

U mean its heat related? Over heating is the cause? Wierd I just power it up and scan 2 strips.. So can it be the heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.