need advice on custom curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Climber

Dec 19, 2004
Tampines
photobucket.com
hi people,
i've just got my new D70s and i've also had the problem of underexposure thingy. But it's ok coz i shoot manual anyway. But it just gets irritating sometimes, when i use to be able to get the correct exposure on my film and now i can't.
I've heard from a friend that you can actually download custom curves into the cam. Something like optima and velvia curves, i'm just wondering where to get those curves and how to install them and
MOST IMPORTANTLY if anyone can SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE on using these curves? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Climber said:
hi people,
i've just got my new D70s and i've also had the problem of underexposure thingy. But it's ok coz i shoot manual anyway. But it just gets irritating sometimes, when i use to be able to get the correct exposure on my film and now i can't.
I've heard from a friend that you can actually download custom curves into the cam. Something like optima and velvia curves, i'm just wondering where to get those curves and how to install them and
MOST IMPORTANTLY if anyone can SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE on using these curves? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Do a Google search with the key words D100, D70, custom curves, you will find it, but you need Nikon Capture to download into your camera.

Pm eikin for his finding about custom curves.

Climber said:
hi people,

Actually, it's not difficult to get the correct exposure out of the D70S; just need to tweak the custom settings accordingly when the light situation changes.

If you really want to tr your hand at custom curves, it all here (may not be updated):

http://www.mastersphoto.net/curves/

Like what catchlights mentioned earlier, you need NC.

Personal experience: it takes the joy out of the creative side of photography but OK if you don't rely too much on it. Fun to play with initially (a month or two) but found out that I can get more out of the custom settings of the D70S. IE, tweaking the tone, sharpening, contrast, hue, etc as the situation/lighting requires.

yyD70S said:
Actually, it's not difficult to get the correct exposure out of the D70S; just need to tweak the custom settings accordingly when the light situation changes.

If you really want to tr your hand at custom curves, it all here (may not be updated):

http://www.mastersphoto.net/curves/

Like what catchlights mentioned earlier, you need NC.

Personal experience: it takes the joy out of the creative side of photography but OK if you don't rely too much on it. Fun to play with initially (a month or two) but found out that I can get more out of the custom settings of the D70S. IE, tweaking the tone, sharpening, contrast, hue, etc as the situation/lighting requires.

hi yyD70s, do you mean like,changing the optimize image option? to normal, vivid, sharper or smthing like that? coz i've searched thru the menu didn't find any contrast or hue optins.

And btw are you schooling? And if yes which school? i'm just curious coz i have a friend also name herself yy.

Hi Climber,

So sorry but am not the one you had in mind. You are talking to an "old man" here.

Yes, it's under the Optimize Image. Click all the way down to the Custom submenu. It's all there.

Enjoy experimenting with the options, ie, sharpening, tone, (read about color mode), saturation & hue.

Also, do a search (& post your questions) on the Nikon sub-forum too. There're many, many more experienced guys/gals there who would gladly offer you advices... provided you do yourself a favour and understand your camera and your needs better.

Regards

There's a sticky on the Nikon Subforum that address your questions and help you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.