Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanloverm

Dec 10, 2007
Kuching (From Sarawak)
Hi!

Inkjet or Laser Printer? To Canon or to Epson? That's my questions :confused:

Planning to get a printer which have the function of print, scan & copy during the upcoming IT Fair, kindly share your opinion either inkjet or laser printer on both brand, which will give better quality on printing photos. Budget is around $150.

Thanks! :)

If you dont need color, about $198 can get Samsung mono print-scan-copy laser printer at SLS Global IT Mart if remember correctly.

my recommendation if you are on a budget would be epson. its original inks are freaking cheap at $6.90 per color and the current photo printing plus scanning can even give HP a run for the money.

If you dont need color, about $198 can get Samsung mono print-scan-copy laser printer at SLS Global IT Mart if remember correctly.

my recommendation if you are on a budget would be epson. its original inks are freaking cheap at $6.90 per color and the current photo printing plus scanning can even give HP a run for the money.

I've actually always found Epson to be FAR better than HP for photo printing. HP is faster for text printing, but i find HP printers use too much ink, sometimes the printed text is still wet when the next page comes out, resulting in smearing...

Hi!

Inkjet or Laser Printer? To Canon or to Epson? That's my questions :confused:

Planning to get a printer which have the function of print, scan & copy during the upcoming IT Fair, kindly share your opinion either inkjet or laser printer on both brand, which will give better quality on printing photos. Budget is around $150.

Thanks! :)

I guess you are refering to the coming Comex 09. I'm using an Epson laser printer model for around 2yrs. No problems so far. The starting up is fast too.

Do note that most new laser printers nowadays comes with a half toner instead of a full toner. :D

I guess you are refering to the coming Comex 09. I'm using an Epson laser printer model for around 2yrs. No problems so far. The starting up is fast too.

Do note that most new laser printers nowadays comes with a half toner instead of a full toner. :D
Thats quite true...so far only Brother laser gives full toner even with their entry level laser printers.

I may be outdated. 5 years back when I have access to Canon Inkjet @ NS, replacement cartrages comes with the printhead attached. It translate to higher cost, as the cartrages size is small, and ink uses up very fast. However, for infrequent printer, this is better for them, as you don't need to worry about nozzle being clotted.
Epson is all the opposite, and even though there are self cleaning function, sometimes (especially after long idle period), it still takes a few tries b4 it clears.
If you are intending to use original ink, Epson ink is best. Throw in water also nvr smudge...

Thanks for all the reply! :D

But can I know if I decided to get Epson Laser Colored Printer, which model is recommended if I push my budget to $250?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.