need advice on 4R printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bern

Mar 12, 2006
Lost
Hi bro and sis here,

Need some advice from you guru out here.

What should I do before I send the soft copy to lab for 4R printing?
heard have to do cropping first.:dunno:

Thanks

Depend on the quality print of the photo lab

Usually I will crop and process my photos first. I sent it to Kim Tian Color at Hong Lim Complex to print. I will ask them not to do adjustment for my prints.

note : for printing, try to process the photo slightly brighter.

Depend on the quality print of the photo lab

Usually I will crop and process my photos first. I sent it to Kim Tian Color at Hong Lim Complex to print. I will ask them not to do adjustment for my prints.

note : for printing, try to process the photo slightly brighter.

thanks note taken

For 4R printing, make sure your photo is in 6x4 aspec ratio, if not it will be cropped :thumbsup:

so have to crop the image to 6x4 or resize it to 6x4 before sending it to the lab?

so have to crop the image to 6x4 or resize it to 6x4 before sending it to the lab?

the 6x4 is aspect ration, not the physical size, for example if your picture resolution is 1200 x 800......so the lab will be able to print it properly into a 4R.

For DSLR this is the default mode unless you are using a 3/4 system like Olympus....the picture resolution will be something like 1024 x 768(multiply that with the resolution of your camera)......for some point and shoot camer, you can switch the mode in the camera itself....I know my Fujifile V10 can.

Alternatively the lab can print the image onto a 4x3 paper and they call it digital 4R...which is a bit shorter compared to a normal 4R.

Thanks, so just crop it to 4x6 and send it to lab will do right.

Thanks, so just crop it to 4x6 and send it to lab will do right.
yes.. hopefully those picture are at 200dpi or more (800x1200 pixel) to get optimal image print.

yes.. hopefully those picture are at 200dpi or more (800x1200 pixel) to get optimal image print.

I set all to 300 liao, ok right?

is it as long I need to set it to 800x1200pixel and 300 dpi(can?) will be ok liao? or I still need to crop the image?

I set all to 300 liao, ok right?

is it as long I need to set it to 800x1200pixel and 300 dpi(can?) will be ok liao? or I still need to crop the image?

800x1200 is actually 200DPI and 2:3 ratio already, so don need to crop anymore. if you want you can make the image 300DPI by recropping from original image to 1200x1800.
but in most situation, 200DPI is more than enough

800x1200 is actually 200DPI and 2:3 ratio already, so don need to crop anymore. if you want you can make the image 300DPI by recropping from original image to 1200x1800.
but in most situation, 200DPI is more than enough

so which software you're doing the cropping? I'm using PS element 5

so which software you're doing the cropping? I'm using PS element 5
doesn't matter what software, as long as it gives a a final image of at least 800x1200 (2:3 ratio), it will do.

doesn't matter what software, as long as it gives a a final image of at least 800x1200 (2:3 ratio), it will do.

trying hard to figure out where is the 800x1200 (2:3)

Should we increase the contrast and sharpness level before sending in for printing? I heard the lab actually will increase these for you....true?

Divide by 400

Hi, sorry if you could give more detail? thanks.
like get what to divide with the 400? as this is going to be my first time to send it in to the lab for print out.

Status
Not open for further replies.