Need advice on 2 lenses stuck together

Status
Not open for further replies.

top_cat78

Feb 2, 2004
I accidentally screwed 2 filters to tightly on my F717, i managed to get them out but they are tightly stuck together.. are there any equipment that can release the lenses or othe ways to do it?

you might wanna try contracting one filter and expanding the other.. Though i'm not sure if there'll be adverse effects..

Try put some lens cleaning solution at the joint.. and try open it after a while.

OzOn3 said:
you might wanna try contracting one filter and expanding the other.. Though i'm not sure if there'll be adverse effects..
how do i do that :confused:

top_cat78 said:
I accidentally screwed 2 filters to tightly on my F717, i managed to get them out but they are tightly stuck together.. are there any equipment that can release the lenses or othe ways to do it?
You need 2 large flat pieces of rubber pad, eg those made by 3M that you place things on in cars.
Place one piece flat on a table.
Place the stuck filters on it.
Place the second piece of rubber, covering the filters.
Press hard and twist !

try to unscrew HARD! U might wanna ask someone stronger if u are not strong enough... ;) ;p

WD40?? :D
Try a drop or two but dont spray!

alangoh said:
Actually, there's this pair of device called a filter wrench...
where can i get it and how much is it? need 1 or a pair?

When you turn the filters, try not to grab and exert force from the side. From my experience, the more force you exert to the sides, the tighter it gets. Press on the top edge of the filters and turn. Might work that way.

top_cat78 said:
wats that :dunno:

wd40.jpg

Take 2 thick rubber bands, wrap them tightly over each filter and twist.....

Avoid WD40, you will have a hard time cleaning the filter if u get any on it.

Jay said:
WD40?? :D
Try a drop or two but dont spray!

U must be kidding, WD40 lubricant is useful for industrial usage. Never heard it can be used on lens. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.